Sign in to follow this  
GG Riva

Let the fans pick the manager.......

I've shamelessly lifted this striking example of innovative, out of the box thinking, so that the erudite pundits on this forum can evaluate its merits........

"This might be a crazy suggestion but why not try to get the fans onboard and get their input. Why not have a final shortlist of 3 potential managers and allow the fans to vote for our preference? Raith advertised the job vacancy and invited applications. Do we think we are too big a club to go with that approach? For me advertise the job and give the fans the choice. Why not be a little bit different from the norm that way we have no one to blame if it doesn’t work out. Hopefully more season ticket sales meaning more of a budget for better players."

I’d genuinely rather let a family of mice chose the next manager than trust the vast majority of our support tbh. 

As long as each fan who votes says who he/she voted for    Then when it doesn't work out we will have someone to blame 🤣

6 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Maybe get Paul the octopus in to help with the selection process.

Cannae.  He's deid. 

As for the topic, nae chance.  A good proportion of our support shouldn't be allowed to make decisions for themselves without a carer present. 

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

I’d genuinely rather let a family of mice chose the next manager than trust the vast majority of our support tbh. 

This. 

The mice could also be blind. 

• Upvote 1

Initially, I was sure the post was a wind up, but then I realised the poster was putting forward a serious suggestion - one which would help to shift more season tickets, apparently.

Hmmm 🤔

The fact this was put forward as a serious suggestion is demonstration in itself of what an absolutely idiotic idea it is.

Imagine the other way round if fans were to decide when the manager is to be given the boot….

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Berry said:

Imagine the other way round if fans were to decide when the manager is to be given the boot….

😂🤣😂 We'd be sacking a manager almost every time we lost a game.

4 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Maybe get Paul the octopus in to help with the selection process.

I thought he picked the team the last 5 games.