Sign in to follow this  
GG Riva

Airdrie fans plumb new depths

Is there anything worse than racially abusing a player from the team you claim to support?

"Airdrieonians have released Rico Quitongo after the defender asked for his contract to be terminated.

The 22-year-old has made 16 appearances for the Diamonds this season but has only been on the bench for the past three games.

Quitongo claimed he was a victim of racial abuse from his own fans in a match against Queen`s Park in October.

The club launched an investigation into the alleged abuse but called a halt to the process a month later due to "insufficient evidence".

An Airdrie statement read: "Defender Rico Quitongo has submitted a request to be released from his contract and the club have duly agreed to this.

"We wish Rico all the best for the future and would like to thank him for his effort and performances whilst playing for Airdrieonians."

I hate Airdrie. I mean that. They're a 2 Bob outfit with sh*te fans. This does not surprise me one bit 

Quitongo is now taking legal action against Airdrie after the investigation yielded "insufficient evidence" as he feels that the club didn't take his comments seriously. 

It will be very interesting legally, Its almost determining how far subjective feelings can be determined within a court of law. If you don't feel an employer has done enough. Then what do you define as enough?  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Superally said:

It will be very interesting legally, Its almost determining how far subjective feelings can be determined within a court of law. If you don't feel an employer has done enough. Then what do you define as enough?  

It’s maybe a new one for football but for the legal system it will be a well trodden path. They have thousands of cases like this a year.

I hope he takes them to the cleaners.

They are absolute scum and will always be absolute scum. I read another article the other day where a Cove fan got put in hospital by them after getting done by a ****ehawk punch in the back of the head, ending up with concussion, a burst face and £70-odd down trying to get himself home the next day.

One fan redeemed them slightly by calling out the person that did it for the scum they are and started a gofundme to get him his money back, and it was at over£1500 last I checked. It doesn;t change anything for me in regards to my thoughts on them in general. The scumbag element of their support far outweighs the good guys unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I reckon the chairman would prefer it to be swept under the carpet, stating that no one has come forward. Wouldn't put it past them having been tipped aff, then ignoring it. If Airdrie were a politician, they'd be Richard Nixon. Can't think of a worse club to ply your trade or buy into it with. There definitely something in the water over yonder.

Edited by scottyboy
Scum FC

15 hours ago, Piracy said:

Airdrie are my number 1 hate club. 

Aye. There's been loads over the decades, from the supporters buses getting bricked at the old Broomfield to the British Gas t shirts after Norrie died, to the weapon who made the hissing noises as he left Charlie D's after his group having been extended hospitality by being allowed in. Thankfully he got 'helped' down the stairs by way of a sore pus, which was fully deserved. 

Rovers and Falkirk, it's rivalry. It's fiery, lots of banter and heated enough to be interesting but not enough to be hateful, IMO, it's just the good tribal fun of being a football fan. Airdrie have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and I absolutely HATE them as a football club. They're not even Airdrie now, they're Clydebank, that's the state of them. Utter, scum as I said.

4 hours ago, Digs said:

Aye. There's been loads over the decades, from the supporters buses getting bricked at the old Broomfield to the British Gas t shirts after Norrie died, to the weapon who made the hissing noises as he left Charlie D's after his group having been extended hospitality by being allowed in. Thankfully he got 'helped' down the stairs by way of a sore pus, which was fully deserved. 

Rovers and Falkirk, it's rivalry. It's fiery, lots of banter and heated enough to be interesting but not enough to be hateful, IMO, it's just the good tribal fun of being a football fan. Airdrie have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and I absolutely HATE them as a football club. They're not even Airdrie now, they're Clydebank, that's the state of them. Utter scum as I said.

Not a fan then? 🙂

38 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Not a fan then? 🙂

Does it show?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Digs said:

Yeah he was a tool that guy. I'm sure there was some kind of discussion during the game as well 🤔