Sign in to follow this  
kelty_par

Team v Hamilton

Really need the points today, QoS and Morton now winning.

Hearing we are the better team and playing 433?

We were slow starting, Hamilton could, possibly should’ve been ahead but after the first 5mins we grew into it and had the much better of chances, could easily have had another before half time.

It just shows what happens when you get balls in the box, we’ve looked much more threatening.

• Like 1

I keep hearing about how good this Championship is regarding football. What I have seen so far is that it is as competitive as it is poor in entertainment. I have seen very little to give me confidence that our home grown game is producing much in the way of talent in the Championship. This league should be producing many more players for the top league and ultimately the national squad. The games are boring but the outcomes are exciting .

3 minutes ago, Berry said:

We were slow starting, Hamilton could, possibly should’ve been ahead but after the first 5mins we grew into it and had the much better of chances, could easily have had another before half time.

It just shows what happens when you get balls in the box, we’ve looked much more threatening.

Just get the ball into their target area and you have a chance. They are very unlikely to score from their own half.

A decent performance and well deserved 3pts. Would have liked another goal but i'll take that improvement in performance. Ironically that was the type of game Wighton would have thrived in. No O'Hara or Breen in the squad - Covid issues? 

Get in. Bout time we beat that lot. What a difference a week make. There might be a bit hope we can play/fight our way out of this relegation mess.

• Upvote 2

What a difference. It helps having someone like Lawless as an out ball who can actually keep it to allow us to get up the park. The formation worked a treat too with the 433 and inverted wingers.

McCann put a shift in, I thought Todd did well, as did Edwards and Donaldson but Lawless was my MOM today. I though he was excellent.

• Upvote 1

That’s as good as I’ve seen Todd play.  Paul Allan also did well and good to see both of them take one for the team.  
Both full backs were very good. Edwards put in a tremendous ball for the goal. 
Donaldson and Connolly were solid. 
Probably Dow’s best game since returning from injury? 
McCann worked hard and hopefully plenty work of the training ground will improve his finishing?

Lawless gave us that bit of quality and nous that we were desperately needing. Looking forward to him and Dom Thomas in the same team 

credit to yogi for tweaking the system today 

only downside for me is that our goalie is a weakness. I’m always fearful with balls into out box from set pieces 

• Upvote 3

Decent today and well deserved win.

Conally away now so Yogi really needs another CB that leads and talks as last weeks pairing was a disaster.

Onwards and upwards!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Raymie said:

only downside for me is that our goalie is a weakness. I’m always fearful with balls into out box from set pieces 

My thoughts for a long time as well Raymie, He is a big Lad but cannot command his box/area, also indecisive when to come for  ball. Once he coaches himself in that particular weakness he will be a great keeper 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

That’s as good as I’ve seen Todd play.  Paul Allan also did well and good to see both of them take one for the team.  
Both full backs were very good. Edwards put in a tremendous ball for the goal. 
Donaldson and Connolly were solid. 
Probably Dow’s best game since returning from injury? 
McCann worked hard and hopefully plenty work of the training ground will improve his finishing?

Lawless gave us that bit of quality and nous that we were desperately needing. Looking forward to him and Dom Thomas in the same team 

credit to yogi for tweaking the system today 

Agree on Fon Williams. Made a great brave stop when the boy got injured at the post but he wouldn’t have had to make it if he’s come and claimed the ball in the first place. Connolly was going nuts at him for it. 
when he finally did come and claim one late on, Connolly shouted “About time!”