Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rengade Master

Threat to supporters in stadia.

Recommended Posts

Mutings being made that the next restrictions could be crowds at football.

Discussions currently in place regarding this weekends Cup Final and all crowds going forward.

Many clubs already saying they couldn't afford another spell without funds without major financial support.

Do we need to go down this road or should we learn to get on with life and live with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a society we've complied, we've done as asked. It's all becoming rather tedious and tiresome now. We definitely need to live with this situation. Eternal lockdown isn't sustainable. We've no way even begun to understand how much damage has been done to society with missed cancer diagnosis, mental health related deaths, unemployment due to Covid, lost businesses due to Covid, list revenue to business due to Covid etc etc etc. So what price Covid in relation to the overall health and well-being to society? 

I'm not advocating ignoring rules, what I am saying is we need to really try and find ways of dealing/living with this virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the BBC post FM update:

Deputy first minister John Swinney says there are no current plans to make changes to big sporting events.

In the coming weeks, Scotland has a number of large football matches coming up including the League Cup final this weekend and the Celtic v Rangers derby on 2 January.

But Mr Swinney told Drivetime there are no plans to make changes to these “at this stage” and added “I would hope for them not be under scrutiny”.

The deputy first minister says spectators will need to “exercise extra care” and adds there will be dialogue with clubs to ensure appropriate social distancing measures are in place for people entering and leaving stadia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Piracy said:

As a society we've complied, we've done as asked. It's all becoming rather tedious and tiresome now. We definitely need to live with this situation. Eternal lockdown isn't sustainable. We've no way even begun to understand how much damage has been done to society with missed cancer diagnosis, mental health related deaths, unemployment due to Covid, lost businesses due to Covid, list revenue to business due to Covid etc etc etc. So what price Covid in relation to the overall health and well-being to society? 

I'm not advocating ignoring rules, what I am saying is we need to really try and find ways of dealing/living with this virus. 

I don’t think politicians have any great desire for eternal lockdown or keeping the economy shut. Why would they have?

We are beginning to live with the virus and there is no going back.

Society complied not only because of dictat, but by and large out of consideration for others and an understanding of why the measures were in place. 
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m tempted to side with the majority of the worlds leading scientists and medics and not Davie the labourer from Govan when it comes to matters of public health. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Teuchter said:

I don’t think politicians have any great desire for eternal lockdown or keeping the economy shut. Why would they have?

We are beginning to live with the virus and there is no going back.

Society complied not only because of dictat, but by and large out of consideration for others and an understanding of why the measures were in place. 
 

As a society we've complied. As an individual I've complied. I didn't argue against that complience, I followed it. I'm not against complience. I'm double vaccinated. I've done everything asked else asked of me. I've worked right through it at my place of work while managing it at work, keeping others safe. I've managed to contribute looking after my elderly parents during this time: bouts of life changing illness/conditions, the A&E visits, elongated hospital stays, deteriorating mental health, not getting into hospital to guage their condition etc.

Same as others, complied and contributed. But I'm sick of it now. Like millions of others. However, more enforced lockdowns are still a real possibility, especially if we do start to see a drop in that complience. Wait and see if I'm wrong, I don't think I am. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

We should do whatever the experts in their field think is the best approach to saving lives 

The problem is, we don’t. We have politicians listening to them and interpreting what they say and making their own arbitrary rules. 

I had Covid recently, out of isolation 7 days ago. My wife got out of isolation today. I had to take my daughter for a PCR yesterday due to having symptoms and was told that if she is positive, everyone in our house will need to isolate as per the change in rules at the weekend.

Everyone except my wife that is. Apparently, I’m at risk of Covid having had it less than a week ago, but she’s not. 

It’s nonsense like this that ****es people off and makes you think ‘no chance, I’m not listening to these ridiculous dictats.

As it turned out, we don’t have to as she was negative but I am say that I would not have been isolating even if she was. Commonly held scientific belief is that if you have had Covid it is highly unlikely you will contract it again within 60 days, so the chances of me having it after 5/6, were literally pretty much zero. 

Like other have said, I’ve followed the rules, I’ve got my vaccine and my booster is booked. I, like the majority of the rest of the population given over 80% of us Scots are vaccinated, am capable of making sensible decisions on my own safety. I don’t need any more arbitrary rules to protect me or my family. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piracy said:

As a society we've complied. As an individual I've complied. I didn't argue against that complience, I followed it. I'm not against complience. I'm double vaccinated. I've done everything asked else asked of me. I've worked right through it at my place of work while managing it at work, keeping others safe. I've managed to contribute looking after my elderly parents during this time: bouts of life changing illness/conditions, the A&E visits, elongated hospital stays, deteriorating mental health, not getting into hospital to guage their condition etc.

Same as others, complied and contributed. But I'm sick of it now. Like millions of others. However, more enforced lockdowns are still a real possibility, especially if we do start to see a drop in that complience. Wait and see if I'm wrong, I don't think I am. 

I am sure that you are not alone in being sick of it.

The lockdown was enabled (by furlough) more than it was ever enforced. I couldn’t see any government attempting to enforce a new lockdown in the U.K. I certainly don’t think that they are itching to lockdown as bawbags like Neil Oliver imply. 

I think some perspective is required.

This thread started of with the repetition of a rumour about football fans being targeted.

It turns out football crowds weren’t even under consideration.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Digs said:

The problem is, we don’t. We have politicians listening to them and interpreting what they say and making their own arbitrary rules. 

Indeed. We (or rather, politicians) should have followed the experts before, but didn't. We/they should follow them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Digs said:

The problem is, we don’t. We have politicians listening to them and interpreting what they say and making their own arbitrary rules. 

I had Covid recently, out of isolation 7 days ago. My wife got out of isolation today. I had to take my daughter for a PCR yesterday due to having symptoms and was told that if she is positive, everyone in our house will need to isolate as per the change in rules at the weekend.

Everyone except my wife that is. Apparently, I’m at risk of Covid having had it less than a week ago, but she’s not. 

It’s nonsense like this that ****es people off and makes you think ‘no chance, I’m not listening to these ridiculous dictats.

As it turned out, we don’t have to as she was negative but I am say that I would not have been isolating even if she was. Commonly held scientific belief is that if you have had Covid it is highly unlikely you will contract it again within 60 days, so the chances of me having it after 5/6, were literally pretty much zero. 

Like other have said, I’ve followed the rules, I’ve got my vaccine and my booster is booked. I, like the majority of the rest of the population given over 80% of us Scots are vaccinated, am capable of making sensible decisions on my own safety. I don’t need any more arbitrary rules to protect me or my family. 

Do you think Swinney and Sturgeon are sitting writing the details of all the rules? I think they are acting on choices drawn up by specialist advisors and civil servants. They may be imperfect, but I doubt that they are arbitrary.
The problem they have is that a one size fits all is probably the best approach given that adding in sections, sub sections and exceptions would lead to accusations of mixed messages.

I think that most intelligent people are aware of a safe approach and have consideration for others and behave accordingly - even if rules are bent a little in some cases. Not sure why you are so het up over something that didn’t happen to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Davie the labourer crushed his leg at work if he’d go to a surgeon for help or if he’d rock up at some failed actor, anti-lockdown nut jobs door for help. Experts in their field absolutely do get things wrong and there’s probably a fair few minor tweaks required to improve things but it’s a global ****ing pandemic ffs. There’s literally no perfect solution. A lot of people have completely lost the run of the themselves. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Do you think Swinney and Sturgeon are sitting writing the details of all the rules? I think they are acting on choices drawn up by specialist advisors and civil servants. They may be imperfect, but I doubt that they are arbitrary.
The problem they have is that a one size fits all is probably the best approach given that adding in sections, sub sections and exceptions would lead to accusations of mixed messages.

I think that most intelligent people are aware of a safe approach and have consideration for others and behave accordingly - even if rules are bent a little in some cases. Not sure why you are so het up over something that didn’t happen to be honest.

Who's het up? It's also easy for you to say you see no reason why anyone would be annoyed because you haven't found yourself in that situation where you were being asked to potentially isolate for the best part of a month leading up to Christmas. I only found out that wasn't the case about two hours ago. Loads of plans were in jeopardy, for lots of different things, none of which, bar one, were social I might add for a situation that made no sense, that wouldn't even apply if I lived 200 miles south.  

I think everyone has the right to feel a little ****ed off after nearly two years of this. 

Did I say Swinney and Sturgeon write all the rules? No I didn't. I said they take the recommendations then decide how to implement it. That doesn't necessarily mean they are following the science to the letter, they admit as much. If they were doing that we would still be pretty much in lockdown. NS can say what she likes yesterday about this not being political, of course it is. She made the announcement, I've no doubt with safety in mind, but was at great pains to point out that it wasn't political but then went on to say her hands were tied to go as far as they wanted, due to lack of funding. In the meantime, Westminster announces, whilst she's speaking, that they would indeed be releasing funds to the devolved government. Covid is one of the biggest political footballs ever, and they are all at it whilst we bear the brunt of it. 

This isn't a dig at her, nor is it SNP-bad, I voted for them. This is about the lurching from one direction to the next, both WM and Holyrood and us finding ourselves where we are 2 years down the line. It's about the lack of foresight and planning, the lack of learning from the mistakes that they keep promising they'll do, it's about the billions wasted on hospitals they never used, then restricting us further because they say the NHS is about to be over run, whilst people have lost their jobs, more are likely to and are still waiting for them to sort these issues. They are using this to cover up so much general ineptitude it's unreal. It's far too easy to say 'It's a worldwide pandemic', we know this so why don't you all stop squabbling and trying to score political points over each other and work as one to get the whole country through this because it hasn't been that way since March 2020.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I wonder if Davie the labourer crushed his leg at work if he’d go to a surgeon for help or if he’d rock up at some failed actor, anti-lockdown nut jobs door for help. Experts in their field absolutely do get things wrong and there’s probably a fair few minor tweaks required to improve things but it’s a global ****ing pandemic ffs. There’s literally no perfect solution. A lot of people have completely lost the run of the themselves. 

He would maybe consider a surgeon if the surgeon refused to wear a mask during surgery as masks are for scaremongers and sheeple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×