Sign in to follow this  
worldwiderab

New Manager

Just now, Boston Red Sox said:

A substantial part of the problem at our club just now

Yes hopefully the germans will see what they are like and get rid of the clique soon.

• Upvote 1

Dick Campbell a far better manager than (you can fact check it) Peter Grant. I'm no keen on his physical style of football, but it gets results. Get someone who can manage players and get some entertaining and decent results. Hopefully we won't promote from within again. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Yes hopefully the germans will see what they are like and get rid of the clique soon.

hopefully they see past all the smoke blown up their arses on last visit.  Dancing on the tables with vice chairman in Somewhere Else after being gubbed at Ibrox

36 minutes ago, InsidePar said:

hopefully they see past all the smoke blown up their arses on last visit.  Dancing on the tables with vice chairman in Somewhere Else after being gubbed at Ibrox

Yes they will be sucking up to the germans but hopefully they will see what they are really like.  

I think Mikeys tweet a few weeks ago about the new owners sniffing out the problem at the club is referring to the problem being the vice chairman and his cronies.

Edited by rosythpar
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Yes they will be sucking up to the germans but hopefully they will see what they are really like.  

I think Mikeys tweet a few weeks ago about the new owners sniffing out the problem at the club is referring to the problem being the vice chairman and his cronies.

Or then again maybe not, point is, we don't know. Like we don't know other things.

The most important thing is just now is that we get something done about employing a new manager.

This is a big test for the board, both old and new and it will determine trust levels with fans going forward. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, InsidePar said:

To be fair I was there in the Somewhere Else and that's not exactly what happened (unless it's a separate incident to what I witnessed). The only persons dancing on chairs were the 2 sons of one of the new board members. The song was Stone Roses Reseruction and they were joining in with around 70% of the drunk punters in the pub. At no point were any of the current board members from our club up on the tables, or chairs for that matter. Just for clarity mind. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Piracy said: At no point were any of the current board members from our club up on the tables, or chairs for that matter. Just for clarity mind. 

Good job for the Vice Chairman, he would need substantial scaffolding to reinforce that table ;)

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Superally said:

Even if Grant was punted I'm having difficulty thinking who could come in as a replacement. In some ways it was much the same situation when Craw left with no obvious candidates. I'm not a fan of thinking just because they have had a previous link to the Pars they are better than anyone else, but I don't see anyone out there who could unite the fans. Strangely I don't see many suggestions either. It's OK wanting Grant out but who comes in may be a bigger problem   

McCann, McIntyre, Kettlewell, Hughes, Canning, Petrie......that would be the sort of names in the frame that folk need to get their head around.

its the same situation when it comes to players,  "i want this type of player A"..... like who...."dunno"....you know they might not want to come here, they might not be available or even exist lol....club signs player B......"ah club has no ambition, joke of a club, sack the board blah blah blah".....:laughing:

• Upvote 2

I think when Grant does go (it really is a matter of when, not if) we will be lucky to get half the number of applications as we did in the summer.  A lot of managers will probably decide not to bother as they will have the perception that we are a tin-pot club, and rightly so. 

25 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

I think when Grant does go (it really is a matter of when, not if) we will be lucky to get half the number of applications as we did in the summer.  A lot of managers will probably decide not to bother as they will have the perception that we are a tin-pot club, and rightly so. 

Why bother applying? just turn up outside the ground, hope you are first and boom you have the job

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

I think you're right. 

Ross McArthur claimed he reply to every single applicant thanking them for applying.

Very good, but he maybe should have halted and sifted through a few of the stand outs.

This has been damaging for us. In fact it's been the worst thing that's happened since admin. I think a boycott or protest needs to happen if Grant is still there on Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Why bother applying? just turn up outside the ground, hope you are first and boom you have the job

Or hope the newly relegated Alloa chairman fires your name in and says your a good kent

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gjs93 said:

McCann, McIntyre, Kettlewell, Hughes, Canning, Petrie......that would be the sort of names in the frame that folk need to get their head around.

its the same situation when it comes to players,  "i want this type of player A"..... like who...."dunno"....you know they might not want to come here, they might not be available or even exist lol....club signs player B......"ah club has no ambition, joke of a club, sack the board blah blah blah".....:laughing:

Whilst I'm firmly of the point of view that Grant needs to go, this is also very true. 

Lots of younger fans who didn't experience the depths of the Munro or Scott eras.... 

Yes, we've had Hay, Kenny and Potter who just didn't work for a variety of reasons but this is the first time I've felt like I did when those two were at EEP.

Hay didn't inspire me, I really wanted Kenny and Potts to work out, the same with AJ and Crawford but this time it feels different. 

I wasn't convinced by Grant but his gift of the gab pronouncements got all our hopes up only to be dashed against the rocks. 

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

To be fair I was there in the Somewhere Else and that's not exactly what happened (unless it's a separate incident to what I witnessed). The only persons dancing on chairs were the 2 sons of one of the new board members. The song was Stone Roses Reseruction and they were joining in with around 70% of the drunk punters in the pub. At no point were any of the current board members from our club up on the tables, or chairs for that matter. Just for clarity mind. 

Came here to say this. This is the sort of stuff that gets repeated without any sort of verification and it then becomes 'fact' that people then won't accept the truth on forever more.

• Upvote 4