Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Honest Men v Pars

Massive game on Sat. Massive. Win and there is a slight glimmer of hope we may get our season on track. Lose and the pressure piles on Peter Grant and we will be firmly anchored to the bottom of the League. While we created some chances against Arbroath we are worse than useless defensively with 8 goals conceded in just 3 games. Make no mistake Ayr Utd are rank as well and only sit one place above us on goal difference. After losing 2-0 to Raith midweek they ended the game with only 9 men (And we need all the advantage we can get!).  Ayr fans share the same dilemma with Pars fans that they equally want Hopkin to go as well. In some instances perhaps both groups of fans want their respective teams to lose - if it removes the incumbent manager. The Pars last run out was a fortnight ago with a humiliating 3-0 defeat at home against Arbroath and with last weeks Elgin game conceded due to covid we all wonder what shape the squad is in. I just hope we are no where near as bad as the past two games where it couldn't get any worse, so sheer bloody optimism makes me hope for a narrow 2-1 win. COYP

It depends who is on the park - but based on our last 3 games I can’t see where a win is coming from - I suppose if Ayr are worse than us we might be in for a much needed win….

I can't make the game so I'll pick it up on the radio or Twitter feed. 

We've got the players to win games. I'm not too concerned by them regarding their abilities as players and potentially as a team. It's all about Peter Grant now and what he does to recover this abysmal situation. Thing is he knows that, the players also know this, but is there enough there to make it happen?

We can forgive getting beat if we're trying, if they're showing we're improving, it gives people hope. If I were Peter Grant I'd be utterly determined to prove people wrong, has he got the mettle and ability to cope? ....we'll see. 

18 minutes ago, Piracy said:

We can forgive getting beat if we're trying, if they're showing we're improving, it gives people hope. If I were Peter Grant I'd be utterly determined to prove people wrong, has he got the mettle and ability to cope? ....we'll see. 

Id be happy to take a draw or defeat, its the performance that matters - we need to see an improvement we can build on

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

A defeat against Ayr on Saturday will be the final nail in the coffin for Peter Grant. 

opinion or fact? if its the latter, the result doesnt matter as they have already made up their mind they need to change it then.

29 minutes ago, Piracy said:

the vast majority cant though, to these folk it is must win every week and to some its must win and must be brilliant. there needs to be a massive shift in attitude, mentality, patience from these folk but it will never happen and will only get worse as years go on now.

it was tricky to predict what Ayr would do after the other night but now theyve sacked Hopkin its probably impossible, for us with no idea who is actually available what are we going to get? says a lot about where we are right now that a win might get more criticism than a loss cause it will mean Grant would be here another week :laughbounce2:

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

opinion or fact? if its the latter, the result doesnt matter as they have already made up their mind they need to change it then.

the vast majority cant though, to these folk it is must win every week and to some its must win and must be brilliant. there needs to be a massive shift in attitude, mentality, patience from these folk but it will never happen and will only get worse as years go on now.

it was tricky to predict what Ayr would do after the other night but now theyve sacked Hopkin its probably impossible, for us with no idea who is actually available what are we going to get? says a lot about where we are right now that a win might get more criticism than a loss cause it will mean Grant would be here another week :laughbounce2:

It seems like the  board have had a word with him, when grant said "he Hope's to be given time to fix things". Seems to me that he has an unhappy dressing room and he has signed some utter dross.

I dont expect us to win every single game but expect better than 2 3-0 home defeats. I fear if we are patient with grant and give him time it will be back to back relegations on his CV. 

We need to be patient and give the germans time with their off the field plans but on the field, I am afraid needs addressed ASAP.

38 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

It was tricky to predict what Ayr would do after the other night but now theyve sacked Hopkin its probably impossible, for us with no idea who is actually available what are we going to get? says a lot about where we are right now that a win might get more criticism than a loss cause it will mean Grant would be here another week :laughbounce2:

Wow they have acted quickly, that might put a different spin on things for Sat especially with the players. I wonder if they have someone in mind to replace Hopkin already

Just now, Superally said:

Wow they have acted quickly, that might put a different spin on things for Sat especially with the players. I wonder if they have someone in mind to replace Hopkin already

Hes resigned 

1 hour ago, gjs93 said:

Maybe it's easier for older supporters to (of which I'm one) react a wee bit more rational in difficult times....... actually that's not true 😂, not in my case anyway, specifically after a bad defeat.

But I do think there are loads of sensible supporters among our supporter profile. Obviously social media is only a barometer for a small element. 

It has been said that maybe younger supporters can only draw from Mastertons era where we were getting to cup finals etc, and older supporters can remember 800 at home to Brechin. All relevant in our history and it shows how up and down its been for us over the decades. 

To quote a well known Pars supporter "fitbaw fans are erse holes", on the whole I can't fault that logic 🙄

• Upvote 2