Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Pars v Stenhousemuir

The Pars have their 4th and final game in the Premier Sports Cup, Group H on Sat 24th, welcoming "The Warriors" to East End Park before the start of the official league campaign the following week. I think most Pars fans were well happy with a resounding 5-1 win against Dumbarton and will be looking for more of the same this time round and there is reasonable grounds for optimism. The interplay and movement of players was a joy to behold last weekend - however you have to factor that Dumbarton were woeful with a seriously weakened team. Currently the Pars sit 2nd in the table after 3 games Scoring 9 and with a healthy goal difference of +5. The Warriors sit 4th of five with a single win with a GD of -2. The Pars have their longstanding injuries of Dow, Martin, Wilson and McCann however the bench should be stronger with new signing Reece Cole expected to feature at some point in the game. Stenhousemuir will provide stiffer opposition this time out but I expect The Pars to run out comfortable winners with a 3-0 win. St Midden face Partick on Sunday in the final Group H fixture. COYP  

Should be winning this game, but i do worry that if we are not playing well and behind at any point our lack of options from the bench could be a issue just now.

We desperately need another 4 or 5 players and once they are in we should loan out the likes of McCann to get a run of first team football and hopefully gain some confidence in front of goal.

Still tickets available for the Stenny game at 12quid if people want them. If you were there last Sat you would have enjoyed it. Hopefully more of the same this weekend. COYP  

My prediction is that we'll go one better than Scotland, gaining qualification. 

It's coming home.

• Upvote 2

Team news:

OFW

Comrie Gaspuitis Graham 

Mcdonald Cole Thomas Edwards

O'Hara Todorof Wighton

Bench: Pybus Allan Fenton Todd Mehmet Kennedy 

COYP 

Maybe let him stay. Good first half going by the stats. 

• Upvote 1

Half time, 3-0 and honestly it could have been a couple more. Well on top and not really threatened at all. Good stuff.

Playing well atm. Stenny are a bit more stuffy than Dumbarton but we are well on top. Expecting to see a few subs on later in the game. 

well the second half was a non event - Stenny had one shot on target and scored with it.

As much as I was pleased with the performance in the first half I was displeased with the second. We lost the commitment to take on a man , too often taking the easy pass backwards had few injections of pace. A game of two halves.

The subs killed it for me but the game was won after the first 45. I think Grant was right to give as many players as possible some game time before the league campaign next week. However we did have have chances to score more. Kennedy played the second 45 and looked a bit lost initially but grew into the game and looked competitive. Cole looked to have pulled a groin I think which could be a worry and increasing the injury list. Was very annoyed with losing a very soft goal and we cant afford to do that in the league. Still I think we are good enough to qualify for the next round even if we did finish 2nd and that's good progress. Next week Its the league and Morton away and I would think that most fans apart from Keyser ;) should feel reasonably confident from what they have seen thus far. COYP

Really impressive first half. Second half as expected with the game dead.

the wee boys in the north west….singing “we want our club back”?  Erm did I mishear them?  Wtf?

Edit - read elsewhere about the *drum* being taken off them.  Ahhhh.  We want our drum back” Makes sense now.  Hearing test Monday!

Edited by Rossmcno1
Fact check

Can anyone confirm if we are through or not? As long as we finish top 2 then we should be one of the best second place sides. But is there any result tomorrow which puts us 3rd? Maybe a Thistle win by 8 or more? I can't quite work it out.