Sign in to follow this  
Piracy

Clubs New Owners - Update

You know something, it was a horrendous time.  I was working and living down south in Birmingham.  Felt so…helpless it was awful.  Dad and I donated as much as we could to (I think) Pars Alive and save the Pars- just what we could afford at the time.  We had that awful conversation, what would we have done if the worst happened?  And could we have done more.  Thankfully loads of people, led by a Hardy band, pulled together and look where we are now.  

A book would be excellent.  I’m no author, but would be willing to take time to convert audio chats and tales from the fans and their perspectives into a few chapters.   Thinking it could be A book written by the fans, for the fans, about a time when the fans really did save their club…. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

You know something, it was a horrendous time.  I was working and living down south in Birmingham.  Felt so…helpless it was awful.  Dad and I donated as much as we could to (I think) Pars Alive and save the Pars- just what we could afford at the time.  We had that awful conversation, what would we have done if the worst happened?  And could we have done more.  Thankfully loads of people, led by a Hardy band, pulled together and look where we are now.  

A book would be excellent.  I’m no author, but would be willing to take time to convert audio chats and tales from the fans and their perspectives into a few chapters.   Thinking it could be A book written by the fans, for the fans, about a time when the fans really did save their club…. 

Yeah a book from a fans perspective, that's just it. There doesn't need to be any liabel issues given it would only be about how the individual felt about the clubs predicament, their recollection of events, not personal opinions about the clubs management at the time. It'd be edited. The book could be structured with the chosen chapters just being fans testimonies. 

I might start a thread on it and we can guage interest. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda meant to be on Into the Valley vol.2 duty. It would span 2005-2015, so would cover the administration era - as well as Stephen Kenny's tenure.

I'll start it one day - a good bit of the research is done, but it stops around 2011.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'm kinda meant to be on Into the Valley vol.2 duty. It would span 2005-2015, so would cover the administration era - as well as Stephen Kenny's tenure.

I'll start it one day - a good bit of the research is done, but it stops around 2011.

Need a hand if you're ever in the mood to reinvigorate it all you'll get a few here to contribute and help out. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Thanks Piracy. I think the plan will be to get going when I can on the first bit - and then call in the cavalry when I have some momentum.

As they say on match days "braw min" 👍