Sign in to follow this  
Piracy

Clubs New Owners - Update

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Very true TRBFC, unfortunately there is a element of our support that just don't recognise the concept of patience in a long term play.

That is why this website is a good thing. Just need to keep pushing to promote it. 

• Upvote 2

I'm suspicious, sceptical and worried how this might play out long term. But I work in risk and compliance and I'm a fifer so I am like that about most things.

14 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

I'm suspicious, sceptical and worried how this might play out long term. But I work in risk and compliance and I'm a fifer so I am like that about most things.

Plus you're a crabbit hoor, but I am too. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Plus you're a crabbit hoor, but I am too. 

5 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Never a truer word spoken.

On the face of it this seems like it should be a good thing for the long term future of the club. Will always remain cautious though. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Keyser Soze said:

Grow up. 

Good advice. I may take heed myself... one day. 

51 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

On the face of it this seems like it should be a good thing for the long term future of the club. Will always remain cautious though. 

Yea, cautious is good. 

I still think there should be something put together to acknowledge what happened back in 2013. A book would have been a fitting tribute, although that would be too controversial for some. 

To be honest I don't think Ross McArthur would encourage anything given there would be some level of controversy and he wouldn't want anything to unsettle the club in any way. However that shouldn't stop fans trying to come up with something. After all it was a fans effort that saved the club. It's now part of our history and things should be detailed for the clubs annals. 

Maybe recorded interviews with fans who were involved during that time. Done before it all becomes too distant.

I never felt anything like I did at that time, it certainly put a bat up ma nightdress. No idea why either as I never had the same level of interest or passion as my dad or brother toward the Pars. I think it was the closest me and brother had been in years during that time.

Met some good people at the time and have become friends with many of them. I can't ever see my love for the club ever diminishing till I leave this earth. 

Onto the next chapter now. Like they say you cannot kill energy, long live Dunfermline Athletic. 

• Upvote 3

I’m sure there was chat about a book but haven’t heard anything with regards to that for a while now. Possibly been shelved. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Keyser Soze said:

I’m sure there was chat about a book but haven’t heard anything with regards to that for a while now. Possibly been shelved. 

Yeah, sure Honk said about a book, but he's too busy looking for his next project 😂

13 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Yeah, sure Honk said about a book, but he's too busy looking for his next project 😂

Would be good if we could get as many of the people involved to jot down a few words. There was so many people doing little bits here and there. From the flag making to organising fund raisers all over Dunfermline. It really should be done as a reminder. 

2 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Would be good if we could get as many of the people involved to jot down a few words. There was so many people doing little bits here and there. From the flag making to organising fund raisers all over Dunfermline. It really should be done as a reminder. 

Agreed 

It's a great idea especially from a fans perspective. I don't think the official club line would back it though