Sign in to follow this  
Piracy

Clubs New Owners - Update

As when all this was first announced, cautious optimism here from me. I'm still not sure why they'd have picked us particularly, and after the Masterson years, I'm nervous about fan ownership being undone and what that could mean in the years/decades to come.

However, the trust of people like Ross McArthur does reassure me that this is probably a Good Thing. Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

As when all this was first announced, cautious optimism here from me. I'm still not sure why they'd have picked us particularly, and after the Masterson years, I'm nervous about fan ownership being undone and what that could mean in the years/decades to come.

However, the trust of people like Ross McArthur does reassure me that this is probably a Good Thing. Fingers crossed.

I'll admit I share these views SP. I don't think the covid has helped in terms of international travel either.

• Upvote 2

Just a reminder of how things came about and why I think we should treat this with positivity and optimism. 

I get some supporters are thinking cautiously about it, given our fairly recent history, but Ross and the board haven't let us down yet. These guys have a real level of professionalism about them, not multirich blaggards who often put ego before good judgement. 

I'm neither up nor down about this news just now however i do feel the current structure in terms of "fan ownership" has taken us as far as it can and without further investment we would struggle to progress towards the long term aim of gaining promotion to the Premiership and then staying up. 

Edited by the saline hill puma
  • Upvote 2

In answer to why Dunfermline: because we are a club of the right scale for the consortium, we are well run and financially transparent and there is long term growth potential. The personal chemistry is good, and they like our culture. They also think ( and so do I) that their personal skill sets bring something extra to the party. I'm optimistic but we all need to understand that this is a long term play. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Any truth in the rumour that the new owners will be changing our strip to light blue business shirts...? 😉

Pars' investors agree deal to take majority ownership

• Upvote 4

I'm cautiously optimistic, trust Ross and the board to be bringing in the right kind of investment. 

Current board have done a fantastic job in financial terms and of operating the business side so far but, we need investment to take the next steps. 

I also can't see any money to be made in terms of asset stripping since the club doesn't own EEP and any sale of EEP by the owners requires a replacement to be funded too under the articles of that business. 

• Upvote 1

Cautiously optimistic at this news, Ross McArthur seems trustworthy to me so I’m happy if he and the board think this is a positive step for us.  Steady progress is my hope, I’d like us to be comfortably competing in the top league eventually. Promotion and, more importantly, staying there would be just great.  Oh, and an Adidas strip next season 😊

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

I'm optimistic but we all need to understand that this is a long term play. 

Very true TRBFC, unfortunately there is a element of our support that just don't recognise the concept of patience in a long term play.

• Upvote 2