Sign in to follow this  
Yorkie

SPFL TROPHY/Challenge Cup

6 hours ago, Polt said:

I would take any manager that can get us in winning form.

My main worry now is how bad it is going to get with Fatigue from covid recovery. I had it 5 weeks ago and I am still not even 75% capable of what I was before. It affects folk different I accept that but regardless I expect to see some player's experiencing fatigue.  Wondering what other's experiences are with recovery

My work colleague almost died with it. No messing, he was blue lighted to the Vic as his condition worsened.

He has 'brain fog', I see it with his sometimes inability to remember simple things or things short term.

He had months of breathlessness, and his eyesight deteriorated and now wears glasses. 

A man who was never out the gym and ran coached a ladies fitbaw team and Junior fitbaw team, so fit. 

Anyone who thinks this virus is just something you jump back from within a week of having it are not understanding how debilitating this virus is. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

My work colleague almost died with it. No messing, he was blue lighted to the Vic as his condition worsened.

He has 'brain fog', I see it with his sometimes inability to remember simple things or things short term.

He had months of breathlessness, and his eyesight deteriorated and now wears glasses. 

A man who was never out the gym and ran coached a ladies fitbaw team and Junior fitbaw team, so fit. 

Anyone who thinks this virus is just something you jump back from within a week of having it are not understanding how debilitating this virus is. 

No-one can say with any certainty how the players will be. Some will feel no ill-effects, some might, hopefully none do. The thing they have on their side versus most of us and your colleague is age and fitness. As fit as your colleague no doubt is, he wasn't fit enough to play professional football, these guys lung capacities will far outstrip most people in the street. 

It is absolutely horrible and we all know more than one person who had it drag on and on or create new issues for them that they never had previously. This is why we don't know how many of them have it or who's got it as the club clearly, quite rightly, deem it to be no-ones business but the players themselves, it's not an injury, it's a health issue which is a private matter. All this talk of there being 'something not right' because we've postponed a game I've seen elsewhere is nonsense. In relation to Grant, it absolutely makes his already tough job harder...

• Upvote 1

I know for an absolute fact that there were other factors that came into play with regards asking for the postponement. Obviously can’t divulge on a public forum. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I know for an absolute fact that there were other factors that came into play with regards asking for the postponement. Obviously can’t divulge on a public forum. 

Then why say it? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

You still writing for the Sun? 

Hope you're ok Keyser - that was pretty hostile.

I've set up a JustGiving page to cover the cost of any therapy.  I'll be honest, it's had a slow pick-up - but it has still raised more than Matt Hancock.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

And the pile on begins. This is bullying, you are aware of that? 

Come on, let's go oot side fir a fag neeb. Let me know what's happening 🙄🙄

Looks like a number of people have heard the same story regarding this postponement. Let’s hope it doesn’t get out or the club are in huge trouble. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Looks like a number of people have heard the same story regarding this postponement. Let’s hope it doesn’t get out or the club are in huge trouble. 

Cover story well established by now.  We didn't have to wait until full time this week for the disappointment of a 3-0 loss, that's a positive

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, InsidePar said:

Cover story well established by now.  We didn't have to wait until full time this week for the disappointment of a 3-0 loss, that's a positive

Cover stories can fall apart under scrutiny. The sanctions would absolutely massive. Make no mistake this is a pivotal moment in the future of our club.