Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Keyser Soze

Speechless

Recommended Posts

You would hope so, but given the stick the site is currently getting that would be removed sharpish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Surely there’s something no quite right about that poster tho.  He can’t be serious…. But then I suppose that’s how I rationalise some of the posters on there - more to be pitied than scolded.

Some raspers, but some decent as well, maybe 50/50 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Piracy, That’s a couple o buns for ye at the next home game 😉 

Edited by Buffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check that last line about 'the Germans', what a wan*ker. 

Some of our supporters really are embarrassing. 

Screenshot_20210728_193619_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said on another thread, just back on here, or any Pars site, after 18 months away, and I’m reading this with my jaw hanging open. 
 

I’d love to say I’m surprised but I’m really not. Had I known about this, I’d have definitely had something to say to the club. I’ve long had my suspicions about the leanings of that particular poster and he’s basically just confirmed it, like they always do, and the owner of that site is an utter disgrace for that so-called apology. 
 

The sooner the club rid themselves of the reliance on individuals like that, and take the strongest possible position on that site and it’s affiliation, unofficial or otherwise,  with the club, the better. 
 

They took a tough stance on a young laddie using the clubs imagery in his harmless YouTube reviews so I’d have expected them to have fired a huge rocket across their bows for the disgusting stuff I’ve seen shared here.

Having said that, the man-child will need to be managed carefully but I also hope the club has now learned it’s lesson in putting all its eggs in one basket. A single point of failure is no good for any sort of disaster recovery procedure so that absolutely needs addressed and quickly. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Digs said:

As I said on another thread, just back on here, or any Pars site, after 18 months away, and I’m reading this with my jaw hanging open. 
 

I’d love to say I’m surprised but I’m really not. Had I known about this, I’d have definitely had something to say to the club. I’ve long had my suspicions about the leanings of that particular poster and he’s basically just confirmed it, like they always do, and the owner of that site is an utter disgrace for that so-called apology. 
 

The sooner the club rid themselves of the reliance on individuals like that, and take the strongest possible position on that site and it’s affiliation, unofficial or otherwise,  with the club, the better. 
 

They took a tough stance on a young laddie using the clubs imagery in his harmless YouTube reviews so I’d have expected them to have fired a huge rocket across their bows for the disgusting stuff I’ve seen shared here.

Having said that, the man-child will need to be managed carefully but I also hope the club has now learned it’s lesson in putting all its eggs in one basket. A single point of failure is no good for any sort of disaster recovery procedure so that absolutely needs addressed and quickly. 

BOOM!! 

DIGS HAS LANDED!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have to say I’m still very uncomfortable with the club being reliant on someone who supports such blatant homophobia and racism. His ‘apology’ was an absolute disgrace. A truly despicable individual.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully it runs it's race and goes away. Think I started reading it in 2004, even then the articles would be deemed disgusting. I saw the articles on P&B and could not believe what I was reading, the hollow "apology" was also pathetic. On a side note it's good to see so many decent posters on hear who left .net when it went south.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can only ask posters to spread the word. 

Also to keep posting. 

We've over 600 members, which is a good numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well said Digs. The beginning of the end of .net for me was the removing of posts and banning folk right left and centre who were only trying to let fans know what was going on at our club all those years ago. To my mind .net should’ve been shut down when we went into administration, though I appreciate that was probably easier said than done. The standing shoulder to shoulder with GM et al should not have gone unpunished. I’m really hoping for a new broom sweeping clean under our new owners in the very near future.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GEW35 said:

Very well said Digs. The beginning of the end of .net for me was the removing of posts and banning folk right left and centre who were only trying to let fans know what was going on at our club all those years ago. To my mind .net should’ve been shut down when we went into administration, though I appreciate that was probably easier said than done. The standing shoulder to shoulder with GM et al should not have gone unpunished. I’m really hoping for a new broom sweeping clean under our new owners in the very near future.

Playing devil's Advocate here, there were elements of decsions made to bring unpopular elements into the body of the Kirk back then that were understandable. Pars Supporters Trust, DAFC. Net for example were there at the time and it meant using them meant not having to find alternatives to replace them. Resources were limited etc

However I'm like a lot of other fans from that period who were less than pleased about certain individuals being allowed positions of influence. As times goes by hopefully alternatives will be put in place and certain individuals will have less to do with the workings of the club. More proffessional people brought in with the right attitude, more pragmatic, more collaborative, more socially aware, more ambitious and not self entitled. All said and done we all just want what's best for the club, a club thst belongs to us all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Piracy said:

Can only ask posters to spread the word. 

Also to keep posting. 

We've over 600 members, which is a good numbers. 

Thinking we need to cap it at 700 though, @Piracy, don't want the place awash with riff raff... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×