Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Keyser Soze

Speechless

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Currently struck down with Covid so it’s handy to have an important task to keep me busy! 

Hope you're not too badly affected mate. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Piracy said:

Hope you're not too badly affected mate. 

 


Cheers lad. Aye it’s no very enjoyable tbh. 
 

Anyway, had a reply from Drew which was appreciated. Unfortunately it didn’t really answer any questions we didn’t already know the answers to. I’ve followed it up with a couple more pertinent questions so hopefully hear some useful answers in the next couple of days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:


Cheers lad. Aye it’s no very enjoyable tbh. 
 

Anyway, had a reply from Drew which was appreciated. Unfortunately it didn’t really answer any questions we didn’t already know the answers to. I’ve followed it up with a couple more pertinent questions so hopefully hear some useful answers in the next couple of days. 

I got a reply today to my email from Drew Main. Was pretty fair to be honest.

Not going to divulge all the detail, but he did say my email wasn't the only one expressing concerns about our clubs name being damaged by social media articles. 

One thing he did say was that the club are looking at further initiatives on promoting inclusiveness among our fan base. One successful example would already be the disabled supporters club. I'm sure we're all supporting that in principle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piracy said:

I got a reply today to my email from Drew Main. Was pretty fair to be honest.

Not going to divulge all the detail, but he did say my email wasn't the only one expressing concerns about our clubs name being damaged by social media articles. 

One thing he did say was that the club are looking at further initiatives on promoting inclusiveness among our fan base. One successful example would already be the disabled supporters club. I'm sure we're all supporting that in principle. 

I was so proud of the club back in 2017 for signing the LGBT charter and supporting inclusivity back then.  Great to see they are continuing to look at this going forward and seeing how they can improve engagement. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I was so proud of the club back in 2017 for signing the LGBT charter and supporting inclusivity back then.  Great to see they are continuing to look at this going forward and seeing how they can improve engagement. 

Exactly that.

The recent debacle regarding the 1970s viewpoints were potentially damaging for the club.

I do think the club need to make their viewpoint know to the site, even though they're not responsible for managing it, they are linked with it. I'm sure they'll make their own viewpoint known. 

Anyway, let's see what positives moves come out of the initiatives Drew Main mentioned. I'm sure this site will be willing to support them in any way we can. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a massive disclaimer that takes half page to scroll past, stating that site's prehistoric, backwards and ming numbing views are no way associated with DAFC or its projects. Then a captcha with a thousand images before you can read anything.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately this looks like it’s going to be brushed under the carpet. The club don’t seem to care that the man who runs their official TV channel feels it’s acceptable to print homophobic and racist propaganda on the front page of his website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Unfortunately this looks like it’s going to be brushed under the carpet. The club don’t seem to care that the man who runs their official TV channel feels it’s acceptable to print homophobic and racist propaganda on the front page of his website. 

disappointing to say the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disgraceful is how I’d put it. So called ‘community club’ essentially endorsing racism and homophobia. I’m going to have to have a think about what this means for my continued support of this club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Club couldn't be more onside for an inclusiveness agenda, and I expect this to be made even more apparent in the coming season. 

Cards are well marked: can't say more than that here.

 


Supporters are rightly banned from EEP for racist and homophobic abuse. The outcome of my conversation with the SLO was that the culprit is aware that “standards have to be raised”. What sort of message does that send? One rule for the club employee and another for the paying customer. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Cant get into the detail here Keyser. 

 


 

Nor would I expect you to. Hopefully the club will communicate something officially in the near future. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Unfortunately this looks like it’s going to be brushed under the carpet. The club don’t seem to care that the man who runs their official TV channel feels it’s acceptable to print homophobic and racist propaganda on the front page of his website. 

I think it's important it's dealt with. Not much more I'd be willing to add to what's already been said. 

We should be concentrating on signings, season ticket sales etc, not being distracted by outdated views that could damage the clubs socially inclusive status. I'm proud of a lot of the work done by the club, disabled supporters club as a prime example, also the work being done in the community.

Speaking for myself, I want this website to support that ethos, and I also want the club to keep working on that ethos. 

There's too much normalising of ****ty right wing views on social media nowadays. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

daft.net is a terrible site. I post on it just to wind the usual raspers up and have built up a few haters😅 

Tbh I never saw the article on the homepage but that Brian thinks he’s invincible and his admin crew I find a bit weird like his wee followers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×