Sign in to follow this  
the saline hill puma

New Manager

Who do you think we will get in to replace Crawford? Hopefully the board actually allow applications this time rather than going the in-house route that didnt work with either Crawford or Potter

Petrie has done a really good with Montrose over a number of seasons, but could we tempt(pay) him enough to leave his job with the bank? 

Stephen Robinson the ex Motherwell manager, is he still out of work? I think he would be a really good appointment if we could get him.

With the German connection, I wonder if there may be a influence other than the usual names being trotted out.

Anyone with a good track record, that has man managed in any league, that has got a good win rate, who likes to play attractive football and any nationality.  Doesn't have to be a former player. 

1 hour ago, Superally said:

With the German connection, I wonder if there may be a influence other than the usual names being trotted out.

Jurgen Flopp?

Neil McCann

Stevie Robinson

Stewart Petrie

Neil Lennon

Ray MacKinnon

Ian McCall

Danny Lennon

Barry Ferguson

😂😂, few roasters there but any could do a job 

29 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Neil McCann

Stevie Robinson

Stewart Petrie

Neil Lennon

Ray MacKinnon

Ian McCall

Danny Lennon

Barry Ferguson

😂😂, few roasters there but any could do a job 

I’d be happy with a grand total of 2 from that list. 

12 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I’d be happy with a grand total of 2 from that list. 

Which two Keyser? 🤣

15 minutes ago, Superally said:

Which two Keyser? 🤣

Petrie or Robinson.

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 1

I don't want him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Duffy in the mix somewhere. His Dumbarton side looked pretty good last night against Edinburgh City. I've not seen them apart from that though. 

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

I don't want him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Duffy in the mix somewhere. His Dumbarton side looked pretty good last night against Edinburgh City. I've not seen them apart from that though. 

Oh god no.

I'd consider Peter Houston. Thought he did a great job with Falkirk, especially given the strength of the Championship at the time.

Also nearly won them the cup, and did win the cup with Utd.

If we do approach petrie and he says he doesn't want a full time job in football I hope the board will come out and tell the fans that so we can put that subject to bed. There will be folk still clamouring for Petrie when the new manager comes in if it's left open in some way.

Overall the list isn't inspiring but probably Robinson (if Petrie doesn't want it) would be a shout. I wouldn't be totally against Iain McCall if he was up against the others either but I doubt we will pay compo to Partick anyway