Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Pars v The Wee Team. Playoff 1/4 Final

Well we made it to a play off place, but only 4th place. and at 7pm on Tuesday we face derby rivals Raith Rovers in the first leg. With Raith finishing 3rd they have the advantage of playing at home on the 2nd leg. Either way who ever wins it will be the first game in 6 matches if they ever reach the final. The 2nd leg is played at the San Starko on Sat 8th at 3pm. Thus far it has been honours ever between both teams a draw and a spanking each. However the last meeting was probably the worst ever Pars performance this season by a country mile. For once the form guide suggests the Pars have a slight edge with Raith taking 7pts in their last 5 games but losing the last two games. The Pars have collected 8pts but lost their last game to Alloa. We will all be hoping that Craw's gamble of resting a few players and giving game time to players returning from injury will pay off. Indeed Craw should be close to having a full squad (Dow & Martin excepted). Its going to be a difficult game to call but we will all be hoping that the Pars will be in contention for the 2nd leg. 2-1 Pars win COYP    

Think we probably need a 2 goal lead in first leg, to have a chance of progressing. Any type of win still gives us a chance. Will really need to hit top form to get through imo. 

I'm not confident. We've not shown enough all season to inspire any level of genuine confidence. 

We can score, if the front men get the supply of opportunities. Its all about how much they want it I suppose and how SC sets out his team. 

I'll hold off from making any predictions..... for now. 

COYP 

I think I will watch this one from behind the sofa. On Sunday night I had a dream that we had signed Lionel Messi and still got beat 6-0. After the game they were interviewing Stevie Crawford and he said that Lionel Messi was the worst goalkeeper he had ever seen.

Mon the Pars! Time to bounce back from the Kirkcaldy Calamity, and blow these lino lickers away with a result which leaves the second leg effectively a training match for us.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Mon the Pars! Time to bounce back from the Kirkcaldy Calamity, and blow these lino lickers away with a result which leaves the second leg effectively a training match for us.

Good positive outlook. 

I hope you're bang on the money. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like we are going with this stupid shape of one centre midfielder, who is a defender, with a striker playing just off the two main strikers. I think we are going to get totally ****ed 

Edited by the saline hill puma

1 minute ago, the saline hill puma said:

We need to be doing better when attacking

Letting rovers off with slack play with bad decisions in final 3rd

Agreed, although that was good there, with Thomas playing O'Hara through. Good save from the keeper.