Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Honest Men v Pars

I think the outcome of this game will probably determine the 20/21 season, If we lose its all over in terms of the play offs. A draw will only be helpful if results elsewhere are in our favour. A away win may show that we have managed to build on last weeks good result against Hearts and give us slight optimism to build on. Regardless Pars fans will no doubt be looking at results elsewhere. The omens are not good though - in our two previous games its been honours even with two goalless draws. Form over the past 5 games suggests Ayr also hold a slight edge with 5pts as opposed to the Pars with 4pts.  Ayr are a single point off the relegation play off places in 7th spot. The Pars are 5th and are 2pts off ICT in 4th place. Both teams have it all to play for - it just depends who wants it more, im just hoping the Pars have the desire. COYP     

must win if we are to get into the play-offs and also make sure we don't get dragged into a relegation play off scrap.

I do however think we will lose or draw as its a away game and we are utter dross away from home this season. 

Reckon a draw, which won't suit both teams. Might as well go for the win, then try find some form.

I bought the Ayr v Dundee PPV on Tuesday and it was the worst viewing I have had all season. The camera position was about 6 -8 feet above pitch level  just above the roof of one of the dug outs. This provided a very poor view of the action and when combined with poor camera technique from the operator who couldnt get the hang of when to zoom in  meant that for large passages of play  it was a case of playing spot the ball. It was so difficult to follow the game that I doubt I will buy the stream this Saturday.  

Team News

OFW

Comrie Gaspuitis Murray Edwards

Thomas Henderson Mayo Murray

McManus O'Hara

Subs Bench: McDonald Wighton Watson McCann Whitaker McInroy Gill

No Wilson and Wighton on the bench, the Centre Midfield looks a bit weak. Still COYP

Was expecting to lose ground today, with Rovers and Dundee at home and ICT and QoS playing. Frustrating not to win (I didn't see the game, but heard we played well, first half at least) but we're in a better place than I expected at the start of the day.

Three home games now and then away to to team at the bottom. Could be worse.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Was expecting to lose ground today, with Rovers and Dundee at home and ICT and QoS playing. Frustrating not to win (I didn't see the game, but heard we played well, first half at least) but we're in a better place than I expected at the start of the day.

Three home games now and then away to to team at the bottom. Could be worse.

Agree with some of that, But once again its a missed opportunity. 3 draws against Ayr this season isn't good enough.

Wildly celebrating a draw against Ayr. This is getting laughable now. Definitely part of the problem. 

1 minute ago, Superally said:

Agree with some of that, But once again its a missed opportunity. 3 draws against Ayr this season isn't good enough.

A missed opportunity, sure, but likewise it's also a missed opportunity today for Ayr, Dundee, Rovers, QoS, Arbroath, Morton, and ICT. 

Looking at the fixtures before kickoff, this is better than I'd have expected. I see it as a net gain tbh.

• Downvote 1

Sanguine, by no stretch of the imagination could anyone possibly say we played well. We did not.  Perhaps for a couple of passages of play maybe 5 mins long we looked ok .  The rest was hoofball to no one in particular.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sanguine, by no stretch of the imagination could anyone possibly say we played well. We did not.  Perhaps for a couple of passages of play maybe 5 mins long we looked ok .  The rest was hoofball to no one in particular.

Fair enough, just going by what someone texted me at halftime, that we were comfortable, and they had scored with their only chance.

Either way, today has turned out better than we'd have expected.

I still think we have a good chance to make the playoffs. Dundee game is massive, obviously.

• Downvote 1