Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Pars v Jambos

It's with great trepidation that I write this preview. There is very little I can say atm that offers a positive or uplifting slant on this game after recent events. We face a top of the league side that have a 10pt margin over 2nd spot with them having 5 games left to play. Hearts while coughing and spluttering in form and just losing to a highland league side in the cup still have managed to take 8pts from 5 games. The Pars in comparison have dropped out the top 4 and play off places and with their current form of 3points in the last 5 games comfortably makes us the worst performing team in the Championship. So far it has been honours even with a win each and the last outing at EEP brought a memorable 2-1 Pars win. Ohh how the times have changed and I think even the most optimistic of Pars fans will now struggle to think we can take anything from Saturdays game. However it we would also be delighted to be proved wrong. Sadly I cant see past a 3-1 Jambos win. 

I will believe in miracles if we win this. Both managers under real pressure to get a result. The players will have to dig deep for everything, if we've to get a result. 

1-3 Hearts.

Edited by scottyboy

The fact that they're not expected to take anything from this game could just take the pressure off the team, but I'm fully aware that this is a fine piece of strawclutchery on my part.

Still, it's a f@nny old game, Saint.........

Team news

OFW

Comrie  Gasputis Murray Edwards

Banks Wilson Mayo Thomas

O'Hara McManus

Bench

Gill McDonald Henderson McCann Allan Murray McInroy

1 minute ago, Superally said:

Much better performance today over the previous games. Makes you think why?

Agent Wighton not undermining the team! ;-)

Nah, seriously, such a better performance, albeit against a Hearts team struggling for confidence. I would imagine Neilson will tighten up the midfield to stop us breaking forward the way we have, but maybe that'll open up more space on the wings.

It doesn't make up for the utter sh**e of the last couple of weeks, but it's encouraging nonetheless.

Much, much, much better performance today, well done Pars. Disappointing not to take our chances though. That header from Murray at the end though...