Sign in to follow this  
Keyser Soze

Crawford Out

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Mark Kerr is available, just been released from Ayr Utd by mutual consent! 

Get oot

Absolutely disgraceful today. This can’t be allowed to continue. We are in real danger of finishing outside the top 4 with this negative ****e we’re being served up. How anyone can continue to think this is acceptable is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Have a listen to his post match interview - he is obviously hurting 

Yes and I feel for him. He appears to be a genuinely decent guy but unfortunately he’s not a good a manager. 

Would be bad PR to jettison management at the present time. Look what Hearts fans are wanting. 

Screenshot_20210320-235119_Chrome.jpg

Points gathered over last 5 games has us 9th in the  form table. Unless there is a huge and immediate improvement in performances/creativity/goal scoring I am really concerned that we are going to finish between 7-9th in the league. I have been saying for months that results have been papering over really poor performances but was largely shot down on .net but the mood seems to have switched there. We have scored and conceded 8 goals in last 10 matches,4 of those goals FOR came in one game. We dont lack goalscorers, its the whole defensive midfield setup that is to blame. Yesterday we had no attacking midfield options on the bench ,imagine having to bring Mayo on into midfield to supply attacking threat-beyond belief.

There are very few posters coming out in support of Crawford. I cant see us gaining more than a single point against Dundee and Raith. Dundee looked useful against Alloa on Friday.  

I have watched the Pars for decades and struggle to recall a time when I have taken so little pleasure in seeing a game -  I would go so far as to say the football on offer ( with a couple of notable exceptions ( the Hearts/Raith/Dundee games) is almost as bad/dull as the early 80's and the early 90s post Leish.

Stays to the end of the season for me. Cant say I was happy with that performance yesterday it was beyond poor, however given where we are I suspect most folk would be happy to take it at the beginning of the season. Im not going to knicker wet now. I don't see any other manager available now who would improve our position.

If we fail to make the play offs and we tumble down the league, if we don't see improvement, Craw has to go.

If he can't meet the clubs ambitions then they will make that decision. 

• Upvote 1

He’s going to cost us a play off spot. It’s AJ all over again. Too many happy clappers at this club. They are genuinely part of the problem. 

• Upvote 1

If only sacking a manager and bringing in a new man was guaranteed to produce an immediate and significant improvement, eh? The last Pars manager to manage that was some bloke called Jock Stein....

The time to assess Crawford's progress - or lack of it - is at the end of the season, imo. Pointless to sack him now, unless the BoD have Harry Potter lined up to take over.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

If only sacking a manager and bringing in a new man was guaranteed to produce an immediate and significant improvement, eh? The last Pars manager to manage that was some bloke called Jock Stein....

The time to assess Crawford's progress - or lack of it - is at the end of the season, imo. Pointless to sack him now, unless the BoD have Harry Potter lined up to take over.

With all due respect, that’s an absolutely awful take. Don’t sack a manager in case the next one isn’t up to scratch. No club would achieve anything if they followed that motto. Apologies, but I’m going to downvote your post, it’s either trolling or stupidity. Both of which are deserving of my scorn. 

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

With all due respect, that’s an absolutely awful take. Don’t sack a manager in case the next one isn’t up to scratch. No club would achieve anything if they followed that motto. Apologies, but I’m going to downvote your post, it’s either trolling or stupidity. Both of which are deserving of my scorn. 

Fair enough, Keyser, but who is out there, willing to take the job and who you think can turn round our results? Can the Pars afford him and pay off Crawford and probably his management team at the same time?

If only we were an EPL club, awash with TV money or from a billionaire investor....

I ran all the remaining League fixtures for all teams through a super computer   (my head ! ) which actually came up with the prediction that only ONE POINT will separate teams finishing THIRD to SIXTH  with us finishing in Fourth on 37points, one point ahead of ICT and Ayr.  

Lets see how that pans out.

• Upvote 1