Sign in to follow this  
Keyser Soze

Null & Void

Did the Scottish authorities put anything in place rule-wise should the season end early?

There is a precedent for points per game based placings, but that was in a situation where each league had played more than 75% of the scheduled games i.e. the tables had a pretty definite shape to them.  

I would have hoped that there would now be a minimum number of games stipulated before a league could be called - so at to avoid the scenes at the end of last season.  It would be a bit of an oversight if not, given the nature of the virus.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Did the Scottish authorities put anything in place rule-wise should the season end early?

There is a precedent for points per game based placings, but that was in a situation where each league had played more than 75% of the scheduled games i.e. the tables had a pretty definite shape to them.  

I would have hoped that there would now be a minimum number of games stipulated before a league could be called - so at to avoid the scenes at the end of last season.  It would be a bit of an oversight if not, given the nature of the virus.

I believe there was a discussion regarding this but no consensus could be reached. 

There is an SPFL meeting today involving all 42 clubs. Could be get quite heated. 

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 1

Seems like the League has written out to all Championship clubs for an opinion on a suspension as per leagues 1 & 2, based on a suggestion from another Championship club.   

8 minutes ago, Superally said:

Seems like the League has written out to all Championship clubs for an opinion on a suspension as per leagues 1 & 2, based on a suggestion from another Championship club.   

Weirdly, the SFA are saying that one Championship club has publicly called for it. But no-one knows who.

I'm assuming it's Dundee and the email has got stuck in the spam folder.

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Weirdly, the SFA are saying that one Championship club has publicly called for it. But no-one knows who.

I'm assuming it's Dundee and the email has got stuck in the spam folder.

I wonder if its Raith? 

He was referring to Inverness but even then they didn’t publicly call for it. 

According to the BBC, Ian Maxwell emailed the Championship clubs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55684189

What's the point of asking them? They'll just vote in their own self interest. Those in with a chance of promotion will want to carry on, while those in danger of going down will want to pause it, in the hope that the season will be declared null and void. What happens if it's a 5-5 split? Will bad boy, Ross McArthur, be asked to lean on any Chairman who voted the wrong way? 😃 

• Upvote 1

Not looking good for promotion chasing sides in League 1 & 2. One  manager publicly calling for null and void. 

Probably looks like it Keyser, Some teams have only played 8 games this season and at best a few have played only 11 games. Teams Like Falkirk would be raging though. How do you sort out promotion and relegation based on that.

I would think they need to play a minimum of 18 games to have promotion and relegation. Everyone has met both home and away. 

What are the implications for the Scottish Cup if 1st and 2nd divisions are brought to a halt?

Either scrap the cup this season  or restrict it to Premier and championship clubs. Controversial though ! 

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Definitely be as well scrapping the cup imo. 

It's hard to see how it can possibly carry on, given the present circumstances.