Sign in to follow this  
Keyser Soze

Null & Void

Absolutely incredible that sport is permitted to continue in these circumstances. How can the government request businesses close while allowing footballers to travel the length of the country to kick a ball about. Cancel sport and don’t start again until it’s safe to do so. 

The bigger surprise for me is that Celtic have been allowed to fly to Dubai. WTF is that about?

In general, I would say I'm surprised that football is being allowed to continue, but if (and it's a big if) teams can do so in a safe way, then I think there's a lot of benefit to the country. I certainly wouldn't blame players if they didn't want to play/travel though.

13 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

The bigger surprise for me is that Celtic have been allowed to fly to Dubai. WTF is that about?

We have not told them yet that they are not allowed back.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

In general, I would say I'm surprised that football is being allowed to continue, but if (and it's a big if) teams can do so in a safe way, then I think there's a lot of benefit to the country. I certainly wouldn't blame players if they didn't want to play/travel though.

Even more so are the fans defending it. Saying they chartered their own flight and social distanced on the plane.

St Mirren were fined for players car sharing, you could argue thats safer with the windows down, oppose to a big metal tin recycling the air for god knows how many hours. 

Looks like Celtic will stop Rangers winning their first ever title after all. 

• Upvote 1

90% this will be happening below Championship level now and I’d put our chances at no better than 50/50. All from a very good source. 

5 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Is that 90% likely that league one and below will be declared null & void?

Yes. Unless things improve dramatically in the next 6 weeks. That said, also chat of reducing to an 18 game season if possible. Clubs in a relegation battle unlikely to go for this though. 

I don`t think the SPFL will repeat the ``mistakes`` they made last season. The situation is different now. Nobody knew where we were going with the virus last March - now we have vaccination as our Great White Hope. Even if football is suspended for several weeks, or even a few months, the season can still be completed by playing two games a week in April, May and June. Many countries were playing in July last year, after all. By that time, almost everyone who wants the vaccine will have been offered it.

The only way the season wouldn`t be completed would be if the available vaccines do not offer the levels of immunity claimed by the manufacturers - let`s not go there.....

4 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I don`t think the SPFL will repeat the ``mistakes`` they made last season. The situation is different now. Nobody knew where we were going with the virus last March - now we have vaccination as our Great White Hope. Even if football is suspended for several weeks, or even a few months, the season can still be completed by playing two games a week in April, May and June.

The only way the championship will carry on past the end of May is if the play offs are scrapped. The top flight needs to be concluded by the end of May to adhere to UEFA regulations.