Sign in to follow this  
Fifes Elite

New Signings - Paul Watson and Steven Whittaker

New signing. Seems decent enough for this level.

I wonder if we have offered deals to any if the guys released, not heard anything.

Fingers crossed - a lot of DUFC fans on Twitter replying to the below and saying how good he is and that they'll miss him. Promising.

2 really good signings by Craw.

If Nisbet goes and we get McManus, that’s a good spine of the team.... presuming Whittaker will be in midfield.

No issues with those signings, especially Watson on a 2 year deal. 

I think Watson is a good signing, Whitaker can bring a whole load of experience he might not be as quick as he used to be but I think he will add something.  Good to see that Craw has been proactive and getting into the market early. I wonder if the policy of signing "Kids" with the ambition and potential to progress from last season has been left behind

Steven Whittaker’s has no doubt the experience that can help us out. Not sure how many appearances he'll manage, but it's going to be a short season anyway so hopefully he does us a turn. 

Bags of experience. Always thought he was good for Hibs and Rangers. He might be at the twilight of his playing career, but I think he might turn out to be a good move for both. 

13 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Bags of experience. Always thought he was good for Hibs and Rangers. He might be at the twilight of his playing career, but I think he might turn out to be a good move for both. 

A lot of good feedback on Twitter from Hibs and United fans about both signings. 

Still persistent rumours about Declan. McManus. I would welcome him back. 

• Upvote 1

I feel very positive about both signings and would also be delighted to see McManus back at EEP. His tireless work, can create opportunities for team mates and he is capable of scoring a few himself. Not sure if we've abandoned the "hungry, ambitious kis" policy. Next season will be remarkably different, so the club perhaps feels that some senior pros would be beneficial. On top of that, we've lost the likes of Ashcroft and Paton, so a few auld heids coming in is no bad thing.