Sign in to follow this  
Buffy

French Clubs Lose Appeal over Relegations

That's a right good kick in the nether regions for the Jags and the Jambos. 

There will be differences between Scots and French law that will determine that the outcome wont guaranteed to be the same. I'm of the feeling that Hearts and Jags are using this as a mechanism to settle for a enhanced compensation package outside the Court room.

I have a feeling that the structure of Scottish football and the structure of French football are different enough that a French court ruling has limited bearing here.  Im of the same mind of S'Ally, its a bargaining tool for extra cash for Jambos and Jags.  

That said, I dont know where any extra cash will come from, and I dont trust the people who our run game and clubs to be able to reach a compromise. 

2 hours ago, Superally said:

There will be differences between Scots and French law that will determine that the outcome wont guaranteed to be the same. I'm of the feeling that Hearts and Jags are using this as a mechanism to settle for a enhanced compensation package outside the Court room.

I thought this to be the case with Thistle.

I can't see them getting compensation either. Where do you stop?, we should start one arguing we missed play-off money and promotion as that was mathematically still possible.  

£2 million as well that's laughable. I expect 1/8th would be more than the total prize money for the championship positions combined.  

50 minutes ago, Al k said:

I can't see them getting compensation either. Where do you stop?, we should start one arguing we missed play-off money and promotion as that was mathematically still possible.  

Valid point, has anyone spoken to Ross ;)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Superally said:

Indeed, S'Ally. I wasn't suggesting that Hearts and Partick have no chance at all, but that judgement will not have enhanced their chances. Remember too, that our clubs voted - albeit controversially - to call the season. Ligue 1 clubs did not, but they did vote not to expand to 22 clubs next season.

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Indeed, S'Ally. I wasn't suggesting that Hearts and Partick have no chance at all, but that judgement will not have enhanced their chances. Remember too, that our clubs voted - albeit controversially - to call the season. Ligue 1 clubs did not, but they did vote not to expand to 22 clubs next season.

I would suggest then allowing your competitors with a clear conflict of interest to vote on your trading ability might be construed as breaking competion law so it may actually work in their favour that the clubs voted for it.

18 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

I would suggest then allowing your competitors with a clear conflict of interest to vote on your trading ability might be construed as breaking competion law so it may actually work in their favour that the clubs voted for it.

It appeared to me that Hearts and Partick were given "assurances" about restructuring the league, as were likes of Falkirk and Inverness, and that voting to end the season early was in their interests. Those "promises" seem to have been broken, various other discussions have been held, with other possible resolutions considered and discarded. 

16 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

It appeared to me that Hearts and Partick were given "assurances" about restructuring the league, as were likes of Falkirk and Inverness, and that voting to end the season early was in their interests. Those "promises" seem to have been broken, various other discussions have been held, with other possible resolutions considered and discarded. 

I think they were given assurances that reconstruction would be looked at and discussed, certainly, but the SPFL could hardly have assured them that it would happen for sure. Or could they?

18 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

I never thought of that, FE. You clearly have a more legal brain than me. 🙂

I think they were given assurances that reconstruction would be looked at and discussed, certainly, but the SPFL could hardly have assured them that it would happen for sure. Or could they?

I guess it depends on how the context under which the assurances were made or implied?  I guess that thats open to interpretation?  From what I had read, my understanding was that reconstruction would happen, and the review being undertaken was how reconstruction would look? 

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I guess it depends on how the context under which the assurances were made or implied?  I guess that thats open to interpretation?  From what I had read, my understanding was that reconstruction would happen, and the review being undertaken was how reconstruction would look? 

I don't suppose we'll ever know for sure, Vinnie, unless one of the clubs suing the SPFL has written proof. Any verbal assurances won't be worth the paper they're written on, to paraphrase Cecil B. De Mille. 🙂

I don't suppose we'll ever know for sure, Vinnie, unless one of the clubs suing the SPFL has written proof. Any verbal assurances won't be worth the paper they're written on, to paraphrase Cecil B. De Mille. 🙂

Even written words can be taken out of context. Think of the amount of times you written things on here that folk have misunderstood.  

Obviously we dont know the full ins and outs of all of the SPFL discussions, but you have to feel a degree of sympathy for Jambos and Jags.  Neither club was so far adrift that the odds were completely stacked against survival.