Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Neilson to Hearts!!!!

Comedy gold this, cant wait to see how this pans out, I understand the talks are quite advanced as well. Just when you thought that Scottish Fitba cant get more utterly bonkers...................

• Upvote 1

Hearts are a **** poor soap opera. 

This is going to be worth the watching though. 

Neilson must be absolutely f***ing mental to leave Utd for Hearts. Unless there's some behind the scenes financial stuff going on, I can't understand it at all, even with his past history at Tynecastle.

• Upvote 1

GJS from dotnet rightly points out: 

“Stendel leaves after he had a relegation clause in his contract....but Budge is in court to fight that relegation”

🍿 stuff 

I think he's made the wrong decision. Dropping down a league, to manage a club he's already managed. Had a great chance to boost his CV, had he been successful in the top league. Strange appointment. Surely Levein ever had a say this time? 

14 hours ago, Buffy said:

GJS from dotnet rightly points out: 

“Stendel leaves after he had a relegation clause in his contract....but Budge is in court to fight that relegation”

🍿 stuff 

They are a complete disaster bearing in mind they were forcing players to take wage cuts few weeks ago, now in a position to pay a buy out clause for a manager? 

Budge has clearly lost the plot and i wouldn't surprised if the players downed tools, can only imagine the scenes if they lost the first couple of games. Half the fan base are clowns based on the comments already regarding us and the other teams "Denying them their rightfull place in the top league".

• Upvote 1

I'm in no doubt that the answer is in an old ABBA song. (Here's a clue for younger posters..... £ £ £.)

He's been given a 3 year contract, he may well feel he has a point to prove and it may have crossed his mind that he could be sacked before Christmas if United make a poor start in the Premiership.  

I understand why folk would consider it to be strange decision, but in the bigger scheme of things, Jambos are a bigger club and can probably offer a little more money.  Maybe he has a stronger emotional tie to Jambos than United?

I dont expect for one minute he was offered any assurances of what league they'll be in.

Apparently a new Sporting Director will be announced soon. Just a less fancy title than the one CL had.... (who in turn has advised he wouldn’t say no to going back to DUFC as their manager). 

And now its being suggested that ex Arsenal and Germany keeper Jens Lehmann could be headed to Tannadice as Neilson's replacement.  Which would be a bit of a bizarre choice, as I cant think think of many goalkeepers who have transitioned to Head Coach positions anywhere?  Im sure someone will correct though? 

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

And now its being suggested that ex Arsenal and Germany keeper Jens Lehmann could be headed to Tannadice as Neilson's replacement.  Which would be a bit of a bizarre choice, as I cant think think of many goalkeepers who have transitioned to Head Coach positions anywhere?  Im sure someone will correct though? 

Nuno Espirito Santo of Wolves was a goalie. Dino Zoff also had a decent managerial career.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I cant think think of many goalkeepers who have transitioned to Head Coach positions anywhere?  Im sure someone will correct though? 

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Nuno Espirito Santo of Wolves was a goalie. Dino Zoff also had a decent managerial career.

Thank you for not letting me down.

• Upvote 1