Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Transfers / signings

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Some cracking business today. 

Agreed. I have real hope that we'll be right in the mix this season, if it ever gets f*ckin started.

What I want to know is who the heck plays for Killie in front of Dom Thomas?

If we draw Killie in the Cup and D Thomas does not score a hat trick should we boo him?

Seeing who we have signed so far, what is the opinion of those on this forum, should I risk a dodecagon* pound on a top four finish?

*round pound trademark of DD no longer applies.

• Like 1

Really impressed with all our signings so far. Expectation must be top four at the very least.

Can't we start tomorrow? Looking a cracking squad.

Edited by Al k

Another Pars contract signed albeit this one went under the radar..... 

Yours truly 😊 

signs for another season of live updates, baked buns and infinity cuddles (when safe to do so). 

Mon the Pars! 🏁

• Upvote 3

Don't believe the £250k tag for Nisbett the figures being banded about in Edinburgh were far higher as previously mentioned with Hearts being in the prime position at the start of the week. 

I wonder if the compensation packages being spoken about were not actually paid for by Hibs to save on any tax burden on us receiving payment, hence why the legalities of the deals could only be finalised once Nisbett's move had been confirmed.

These would obviously above and be beyond any direct fee received by the club which would show on incomings and outgoings before being put towards wages and offer 2 & 3 year deals.

Edited by Rengade Master

Honestly why can’t clubs now say what money they get for players etc? 
we get a sum of money for Nisbet then we pay a sum of money blah blah!

Because paying 20% tax on £600k income would cost the club £120k to HMRC. The less cash they can take in through their banking system the less they pay. Also very prudent from all clubs if this was the case.

Personally the amount received doesn't interest me too much. I'd expect our Board to spend it wisely whatever the amount. 

Main thing is having Nesbit on a 2 year deal benefitted us and we know this is the type of situation the club have planned as part of their strategy of bringing in young, hungry players to eventually sell them on. Crawford knows good players and he continually mentions a players attitude and character as being very important, I agree with that. Let's hope O'Hara keeps on developing the way he did last season after being given the chance by Peter Grant at Alloa. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Are transfer fees subject to VAT?

It's technically earnings but Im no expert. 

Roy Barry Fan Clubs yir man

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

It's technically earnings but Im no expert. 

Roy Barry Fan Clubs yir man

Yes on some deals the sale is subject to vat especially if vat was paid on a player coming into a club. Seeing as we added value to Nesbit then I would say yes. So potentially 20% income tax and 20% vat to HMRC if full cash transaction had been deposited into the clubs coffers.

VAT is payable on UK transfer fees but not international ones , under usual circumstances.

They are normally quoted as the VAT exclusive amount, as for these purposes VAT is merely a cash flow matter for the payer.

Thus if a transfer fee was £250k, it will attract £50k of VAT, and be shown as such on the invoice. If the fee was quoted in the press it would be £250k.  Team  A (Hibs) would pay team B (Dunfermline) £300k (£250k plus £50k VAT). Team A would account for £50k of VAT input tax on its quarterly tax return, and offset that against its VAT outputs -- such as the VAT due on season ticket sales. The amount due to HMRC would therefore be reduced by £50k. Team B would receive £300k but only £250k would be credited to the accounts, whilst £50k would be credited to the VAT account. This would be paid over to the HMRC on a quarterly VAT return in compliance with the invoice (which would show VAT), less any VAT inputs in that quarter i.e. VAT on invoices paid -- such as say e.g. costs of maintenance for the stadium performed by a VAT registered trader.

Corporation tax is not an issue for DAFC -- the brought forward tax losses will run into tens of millions. One of the very few benefits from the Masterton era.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

VAT is payable on UK transfer fees but not international ones , under usual circumstances.

They are normally quoted as the VAT exclusive amount, as for these purposes VAT is merely a cash flow matter for the payer.

Thus if a transfer fee was £250k, it will attract £50k of VAT, and be shown as such on the invoice. If the fee was quoted in the press it would be £250k.  Team  A (Hibs) would pay team B (Dunfermline) £300k (£250k plus £50k VAT). Team A would account for £50k of VAT input tax on its quarterly tax return, and offset that against its VAT outputs -- such as the VAT due on season ticket sales. The amount due to HMRC would therefore be reduced by £50k. Team B would receive £300k but only £250k would be credited to the accounts, whilst £50k would be credited to the VAT account. This would be paid over to the HMRC on a quarterly VAT return in compliance with the invoice (which would show VAT), less any VAT inputs in that quarter i.e. VAT on invoices paid -- such as say e.g. costs of maintenance for the stadium performed by a VAT registered trader.

Corporation tax is not an issue for DAFC -- the brought forward tax losses will run into tens of millions. One of the very few benefits from the Masterton era.

Hope that helps.

Good stuff. Thanks.