Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Transfers / signings

Thought it would be useful to consolidate a thread with all the signing / transfer news

Andy Ryan - has signed for Stirling Albion - I'm sure he will do well there, despite his efforts I don't think he was really a championship player

Calum Smith - Loaned out to Airdrie has signed for Hamilton, It will be interesting to see how his career progresses from there.

Just for interest the current Pars Squad is: 

Keepers

Cammy Gill (2021)  Ben Swinton (2021)

Defenders

Lewis Martin (2021)  Ewan Murray (2021)  Tom Lang (2021 Inc option to extend 2022)  Arron Comrie (2022 Just signed an extension) 

Josh Edwards (2021) Thomas Bragg (2021)  Matty Bowman (2021)

Midfielders 

Ryan Dow (2021)  Kyle Turner (2021)  Matty Todd (2021)  Lucas Berry (2021)

Forwards

Kevin Nisbit (2021)  Lewis McCann (2020)  Gabby McGill (2021)

16 players in total

33 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I can't believe we let Calum Smith go. A major loss that.

He was out of contract and it would be a struggle to offer him a new one atm. Hamilton will be a step up but they do have a good track record of developing young players so its a wait and see.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Superally said:

He was out of contract and it would be a struggle to offer him a new one atm. Hamilton will be a step up but they do have a good track record of developing young players so its a wait and see.

I guess. I think it'll come back to bite us though.

• Upvote 1

On 19/06/2020 at 22:34, SanguinePar said:

I guess. I think it'll come back to bite us though.

In some ways, I hope it does, SP. Smith showed real promise in his first few games, when he can't have been more than 16. Was his first game not a 5-1 trouncing of ICT, 3 days after we capitulated by an even bigger score in a League Cup tie at Ibrox?

He never kicked on after that and never pulled up any trees when he was out on loan at lower league clubs.  Still, the talent he showed initially, must still be there and it's not too late for him to rediscover it, with the right coaching.

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

In some ways, I hope it does, SP. Smith showed real promise in his first few games, when he can't have been more than 16. Was his first game not a 5-1 trouncing of ICT, 3 days after we capitulated by an even bigger score in a League Cup tie at Ibrox?

He never kicked on after that and never pulled up any trees when he was out on loan at lower league clubs.  Still, the talent he showed initially, must still be there and it's not too late for him to rediscover it, with the right coaching.

He seems to have done well at Airdrie:

• Upvote 1

Seems like the interest in Nisbit is heating up. Looks like Shrewsbury are looking to put an offer in

Joe Thomson has signed a 18mth deal for Derry City, Shame but I don't think he fully recovered from his bad injury with us

Thought i would update the squad list:

Keepers

Cammy Gill (2021)  Ben Swinton (2021)

Defenders

Lewis Martin (2021)  Ewan Murray (2021)  Tom Lang (2021 Inc option to extend 2022)  Arron Comrie (2022 Just signed an extension) 

Josh Edwards (2021) Thomas Bragg (2021)  Matty Bowman (2021) Paul Watson (2022)

Midfielders 

Ryan Dow (2021)  Kyle Turner (2021)  Matty Todd (2021)  Lucas Berry (2021) Steven Whitaker (2021)

Forwards

Kevin Nisbit (2021)  Lewis McCann (2020)  Gabby McGill (2021)

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, average white par said:

We're not as thin up top as Superally is... still a few random strands to cling to, as it were :goku-s:

The naked truth 

1 hour ago, average white par said:

We're not as thin up top as Superally is... still a few random strands to cling to, as it were :goku-s:

47 minutes ago, Piracy said:

The naked truth 

bloody cheeky hoors!