Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GG Riva

Championship behind closed doors?

Recommended Posts

Here's a rant of sorts. 

I'm sick of hiding from this virus. The majority of people recover no problem and others shrug it off. Obviously the vulnerable category need to take a lot more care. 

What's the death toll now due to other life threatening conditions not being treated, heart conditions, cancers, diabetes etc

I think we're being subjected to an unnecessary state of affairs with this lockdown nonsense.

What's the economic damage? , what's the educational and development damage to our bairns and young folk? Levels of domestic abuse through the roof. What's the damage to people's wellbeing and mental health? 

The damage is greater than the risk from this stupid f*ck in virus. 

We've been risk assessing life since birth, and right now I would go into a busy pub and a football match, no question. 

Closed door fitbaw is just a no no for me, you'd be as well folding all the leagues and taking up knitting groups on Zoom or whatever it's called. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

We've been risk assessing life since birth,

This is pretty much my view.  While Im out and about, running or at the shops for my messages, Im alert and respectful to other folk while Im staying socially distant, but I do think that many are taking this all a bit too far.  

I also think its funny that my Facebook feed is full of folk celebrating the return of the Bundesliga, but wanting to protect Scottish footballers.  Im guessing its ok if others take all the risk?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the above. The medical professionals advising the government are clueless imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

 

I also think its funny that my Facebook feed is full of folk celebrating the return of the Bundesliga, but wanting to protect Scottish footballers.  Im guessing its ok if others take all the risk?  

Have you actually looked at any of the statistics between the U.K. and Germany.

The number of tests?

The number of deaths per 1 million people?

They are far, far ahead on every front. They also were infected earlier and peaked earlier so it is normal that there is a gap between there and here.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

It is two weeks since the VE Day parties and coming up two weeks since the partial lifting of the lockdown. So far the spikes predicted by a lot of snobby judgemental twats sneering at proles out and about have not arrived. My guess is that it will be over the next couple of weeks that decent estimates, from experience, can be made on how to proceed. There has certainly been a lot more activity recently, so if no second wave arrives then it will bode well.
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am by no means convinced that the economics of playing behind closed doors in the Championship will work -- certainly for more than a very limited period.

That points the absolute need to get back to conventional football with live crowds as soon as possible.

When the government will permit this is anyone's guess at present.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 15:00, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

I am by no means convinced that the economics of playing behind closed doors in the Championship will work -- certainly for more than a very limited period.

That points the absolute need to get back to conventional football with live crowds as soon as possible.

When the government will permit this is anyone's guess at present.  

The Government are clueless. On the one hand they're terrified of the backlash at how badly they've handled this and the on the other they're terrified about the damage being done to the economy, so they're hiding behind the "science." The number of opportunities missed by our arrogant, bombastic PM, has to be seen to be believed. 

<https://appeasement.org/>

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that regardless of what the government do and say, its no win.  

Folk are fed up being stuck at home.  Allowed out for more exercise, and folk flock out. But when its reported that "too many" folk are out and about, the government are to blame.  Folk are furloughed and cant work from home, some industries allowed to return to work, folk are scared to return, and the government are playing with folks lives. 

There will be an element of risk when easing lockdown. It does rely on folk doing as they are asked, respecting the advice they are given and rules they are asked to follow.  Or do folk no trust others enough to follow rules and/or advice properly? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think that regardless of what the government do and say, its no win.  

Folk are fed up being stuck at home.  Allowed out for more exercise, and folk flock out. But when its reported that "too many" folk are out and about, the government are to blame.  Folk are furloughed and cant work from home, some industries allowed to return to work, folk are scared to return, and the government are playing with folks lives. 

There will be an element of risk when easing lockdown. It does rely on folk doing as they are asked, respecting the advice they are given and rules they are asked to follow.  Or do folk no trust others enough to follow rules and/or advice properly? 

 

Hard to argue with any of that, except that the Government have made a right pig's ear of it so far. A friend sent me a pic he took in Milan yesterday. It was like Princes St the week before Christmas, so the UK doesn't have exclusivity on people sticking two fingers up to Government advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×