Sign in to follow this  
GG Riva

Championship behind closed doors?

RS has just announced that the BBC has learned that the clubs in Scotland's second tier are exploring the possibility of playing its games without fans for the whole of next season. Wtf?

Good to see this site up and running again, btw. 🙂

I think the two key words are exploring and possibility.  And I think that they are right to consider the option.  Under the circumstances, perhaps clubs will be able to live stream games for a fee, and rules surrounding not televising 3pm games will be relaxed?  A basic idea might not seem much to start off with, but it can be moulded through discussion and exploration of the options until it becomes a solid plan. 

That's worrying, I was of the opinion that we might be looking at January latest. Perhaps it's just contingency planning and that is the worst option.

Absolutely no chance that is viable. Non whatsoever. Will never happen. 

• Upvote 1

Its probably not viable and it probably wont happen.  No harm is exploring the possibility so that it can be ruled out fully.

Just now, Vinnie said:

Its probably not viable and it probably wont happen.  No harm is exploring the possibility so that it can be ruled out fully.

It’s a waste of time. There is literally no chance it can work. 

It may well be a waste of time.  But then, they have plenty of time on their hands.  As much as I dont it seem it working, its better to be proactive rather than reactive. 

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

It may well be a waste of time.  But then, they have plenty of time on their hands.  As much as I dont it seem it working, its better to be proactive rather than reactive. 

Maybe we should be investigating staging games on the moon then? Exactly the same chance of happening. 

Waste of time and money. 

Edited by Keyser Soze

57 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Thats a bit dramatic?

The point stands. It’s obviously not gonna happen so why waste time on it? 

I can't see any way that it would be economically feasible to have an entire season of closed door matches - even if the technical sides of setting up streaming of matches or whatever were to be worked out, I can't see how any club in the Championship (or Premiership for that matter) would be able to price it in a way where enough people would buy it but they would still break even.

I think they're just exploring a worst case scenario. I can't see any way it could be viable, but arguably no harm in talking it through. 

Hopefully, the virus will be under control before too long, so we can all get back to our previous routines.

Cant see that happening either, I can see with an all seated stadia that seats via a ST or tickets could be offered on a socially distant basis except for parent child and family groups. It would drastically reduce the stadium capacity and there may be problems for away fans but I think it would be possible. 

Guest The Beer Baron

What do you do when everyone jumps around hugging after scoring a goal? Physically turf them out?

It's a complete no goer. We don't play until fans are back normally, or a competent pay to stream system is agreed somehow.

2 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

What do you do when everyone jumps around hugging after scoring a goal? Physically turf them out?

It's a complete no goer. We don't play until fans are back normally, or a competent pay to stream system is agreed somehow.

We have CCTV and their ST is removed or they are banned for the next game, If they continue then they are banned. You would have to have fans agree to conditions as part of the agreement to access the game. A pay to stream system is also a decent option