Sign in to follow this  
Buffy

Chairman’s Statement 11/5/2020

I'm glad that Ross has come out and stuck up for himself but it's sad that it had to come to that. 

Some people have no class and are driven purely by self interest. 

I worry about our national game. 

24 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I'm glad that Ross has come out and stuck up for himself but it's sad that it had to come to that. 

Some people have no class and are driven purely by self interest. 

I worry about our national game. 

I think it was more about setting the record straight and the perception folk might form about DAFC, rather than any concerns about his own image. 

TRBFC was spot on with his analysis. Ross was quite right to make all the Championship clubs aware of how five of its clubs felt about declaring the season "null and void " while using the standings to differentiate the prize money.

23 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I think it was more about setting the record straight and the perception folk might form about DAFC, rather than any concerns about his own image. 

TRBFC was spot on with his analysis. Ross was quite right to make all the Championship clubs aware of how five of its clubs felt about declaring the season "null and void " while using the standings to differentiate the prize money.

He felt he was forced to come out and stick up against the allegations made. That is what he more or less said. 

Yeah of course he's old and ugly enough to look after himself and will do the best for the club. No argument there. 

TRBFC is often near enough with what he says. Evidently having an Oxford degree suggests he's reasonably intelligent 😂 and he's close to the Board as well. 

Both good spuds. 

Wait, it's Ross that's the supposed bully? Oh FFS, what a load of nonsense. I didn't agree with our vote on the resolution, but the idea that Ross might be bullying anyone is hilariously stupid.

On 11/05/2020 at 20:10, SanguinePar said:

Wait, it's Ross that's the supposed bully? Oh FFS, what a load of nonsense. I didn't agree with our vote on the resolution, but the idea that Ross might be bullying anyone is hilariously stupid.

Not satisfied with the large hole they've excavated so far, ICT are still digging. In spite of Morton's Dave McKinnon endorsing our Chairman's statement as completely accurate, they're now attacking the Daily Record for ''scurrilous reporting.''

<https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/inverness-ct-chairman-backs-scott-gardiner-he-blasts-campaign-tarnish-club-2850384>

Here's my conspiracy theory on this sordid saga:-

There's only one club in Scotland who are desperate to have this season declared null and void - and it's not ICT, but a newish club who play in a large Scottish city. I wonder why? This club has many fans around the country, some of whom could easily be persuaded to go along with any ploy which might help achieve such an outcome.

One such self confessed fan, is Scott Gardiner, ICT's CEO. My understanding is that he wanted his club to have their cake and eat it. Null and void the season, but use the current standings to distribute TV monies as if the season had been completed. ICT are now upset because 5 Championship clubs weren't prepared to go along with this little scheme. Can you blame them?

Once this first part of the plan had been completed, ICT were to be rewarded by reconstruction resulting in an expansion of the Premiership to 14 clubs. There would be no relegation and they and Dundee United would join the existing 12. With Ann Budge on the SPFL committee looking at reconstruction and one big Glasgow club drumming up support among its member clubs, it looked a good bet until Ross McArthur pointed out the flaw in Boldrick's cunning plan.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Here's my conspiracy theory on this sordid saga:-

There's only one club in Scotland who are desperate to have this season declared null and void - and it's not ICT, but a newish club who play in a large Scottish city. I wonder why? This club has many fans around the country, some of whom could easily be persuaded to go along with any ploy which might help achieve such an outcome.

One such self confessed fan, is Scott Gardiner, ICT's CEO. My understanding is that he wanted his club to have their cake and eat it. Null and void the season, but use the current standings to distribute TV monies as if the season had been completed. ICT are now upset because 5 Championship clubs weren't prepared to go along with this little scheme. Can you blame them?

Worth noting that Gardiner is a former employee of Rangers, Hearts and Dundee (and was at Dens when Dundee were dodgily invited to join the top flight when Rangers died), and was recently rumoured to have been offered a new job at Ibrox around the time of the original vote.