Sign in to follow this  
Buffy

No SPFL league reconstruction ~ yet

20 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

It's not bizarre at all. They'll do anything to stop Celtic achieving 10 in a row and their fans are already talking about putting an asterix next to this season's title if it comes to it. Absolutely pathetic, childish stuff which I'd expect nothing less from them. 

No no, I get that,  I just think its an incredible waste of cash resources.  Cant be cheap, and theyd be better trying to get their house in order ahead of a new season. 

Maybe we can just make The Rangers champions, end the 9/10 in a row nonsense for another few years at least and leave the two of them to argue about it?

37 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Maybe we can just make The Rangers champions, end the 9/10 in a row nonsense for another few years at least and leave the two of them to argue about it?

I think all the stops will be pulled out to arrive at some kind of compromise in which the season isn't null and void but no team is relegated or declared champions.

Watch this space.....

Guest The Beer Baron
54 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

No no, I get that,  I just think its an incredible waste of cash resources.  Cant be cheap, and theyd be better trying to get their house in order ahead of a new season. 

Waste of cash resources? An entity known as Rangers? Beggers belief right enough ;)

On that topic, I heard they've started selling season tickets with the first load of money being taken off the customers bank end of May. Is that ethical? Probably not. Also incredibly stupid to be spunking cash on a season of which we have no clue if it'll even begin, what format, how many teams etc. 

The obsession with Rangers is beyond pathetic now. Some people really need to get a life. Rumours of season ticket sales etc. Who gives a ****? 

• Upvote 1

On 13/05/2020 at 09:38, The Beer Baron said:

It's not bizarre at all. They'll do anything to stop Celtic achieving 10 in a row and their fans are already talking about putting an asterix next to this season's title if it comes to it. 

Hopefully the wee team get a asterix  next to this seasons title. Tainted title and all that.

Guest The Beer Baron

Add an Asterix to the club badge.

3 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

Add an Asterix to the club badge.

Replace their club badge with an Asterix........

I'm keeping out of Rangers/Celtic sh*t. Because that's what it is, sh*t

Hearts pitch:

"Here's our plan to save ourselves and then put the little clubs back in their box in 2 years' time*

*Unless we're in the bottom 3 at that point."

28 teams in the top 2 divisions, most likely going back to 22 when it suits them.  After all, according to Budge, that's all we should have in the professional ranks in the first place.  I sincerely hope they tell her to GTF.  

Almost as ironic as Strachan, on the payroll at twice in administration Dundee, lecturing the wee teams that haven't had such issues as to how they can't call themselves professional.  Also, criticising their production line of talent, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Scotland's current captain and Champions' League Winner made his name at Queens park.

• Upvote 1

In all honesty, Strachan has a bit of a point, its the Scottish Professional Football League and roughly half are amateur.  Its abit like calling the Champions League the Champions League when easily 60% of teams in the group stages are also rans in their domestic leagues.  I also think that, at the moment, Robertson is the exception to the rule as far as talent is concerned.  

This period of in-fighting just highlights some of the issues that affect all of Scottish football.  Its little wonder that we perform so poorly internationally.

Not really.  I suspect that for 90% of those guys football is not their main source of income.  They arent professional footballers.          

I would have thought someone on the board at Dundee of all clubs would display a bit more humility.  

I'd be pretty p!$$ed off if one of our directors publicly derided a raft of smaller clubs - all/virtually all with a substantially less embarrassing financial past than ours.

• Upvote 2