Sign in to follow this  
Buffy

No SPFL league reconstruction ~ yet

20 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

"Without going into the specifics at this time, please know that we will testify to the bullying & threats made against our club on Friday 10th by an SPFL Board member and the threats against others by the same SPFL Board member...These were threats and not robust conversations."

Part of the statement released from ICT today. I think we all know who that refers to. Time to break the silence. 

I'd probably break the silence by saying:

"If Falkirk, Hearts, The Rangers and Scott Gardiner are all raging, the by-product of any decision to end the season - made in the best interests of Scottish Football - is extremely amusing."

Thankfully I don't write the statements.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest The Beer Baron

Another dignified and brilliant response by our chairman. Those calling for "sack the board" during last season I hope are feeling like the idiots they are.

3 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'd probably break the silence by saying:

"If Falkirk, Hearts, The Rangers and Scott Gardiner are all raging, the by-product of any decision to end the season - made in the best interests of Scottish Football - is extremely amusing."

Thankfully I don't write the statements.

While Ross's statement was spot on. I feel DA-go's should've been used.

• Upvote 1

It is a no brainer, my point is that it is often the OF who get blamed by fans wanting reconstruction to a bigger league, but the sticking point is as much non-OF premier teams.

5 hours ago, Surface Agent X20 said:

It is a no brainer, my point is that it is often the OF who get blamed by fans wanting reconstruction to a bigger league, but the sticking point is as much non-OF premier teams.

It is certainly because of the Old Firm that the clubs at the top - at any given time - close ranks on reconstruction. I am not sure if I have heard anyone place the blame directly at their door.
I can’t recall if I have ever heard fans of either OF club express an opinion on optimum league size. I always imagine that while many supporters outside the OF pine for meaningful reconstruction, the main wish of the OF support is to get out of Scotland. The latter would enable the former. 

The only way that the OF could leave is for some sort of North Atlantic League.  Any North Atlantic League would need a pathway to the Champions League, and I dont see UEFA giving them any backing.  So we are stuck with the OF. 

I dont think the OF fans giving too much thought too league reconstruction, at least, not to the extent that us diddy club supporters welcome change and fairer cash distribution. 

I also notice that Aberdeen and Partick are joining New Rangers in calling for an independent inquiry.  I think that with so much distrust of each other, clubs are unlikely to reach any kind of resolution any time soon.  

The cynic in me also thinks that any "independent review" is likely to be clouded by the allegiances of whoever is asked to conduct it.  Therefore it wont be quite so "independent".  Where in Scotland do you find someone with the qualifications to run a review, yet someone who is impartial? 

4 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

It's a video call with all 42 clubs represented.

It will be an absolute disaster of a meeting.  That is the absolute certainty.

42 - Christ! The screen will look like an episode of Celebrity Squares on steroids.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Theres still more to come on that I suspect.  

Indeed. Therangers are so desperate to stop 9 in a row, they'll take this to court. If they were to win we really might have some kind of footballing Armageddon, if they lose, it'll cost them a pretty penny. Can they afford it?

I had a wee look on Follow Follow. The mass seethe is hilarious and their siege mentality is something else.

Seems to me that the reason for clubs to like Hearts and Partick or Falkirk to complain, they could potentially have moved up in their leagues, and that there appeared to be an implied promise of League Reconstruction tied to the initial vote, that would have alleviated some of their financial worries for next season?  I think that some clubs may have been swayed by the prospect of league reconstruction, even if they had nothing to play for for the rest of this year.

As for Rangers, thats a bizarre one, as Celtic are Champions elect, and while its possible Sevco could catch them, its not really that likely. 

Guest The Beer Baron

It's not bizarre at all. They'll do anything to stop Celtic achieving 10 in a row and their fans are already talking about putting an asterix next to this season's title if it comes to it. Absolutely pathetic, childish stuff which I'd expect nothing less from them.