Sign in to follow this  
Buffy

No SPFL league reconstruction ~ yet

Some posters on here were suggesting a 16 or 18 team top flight. Utterly clueless. 

I dont think that makes folk clueless.  I do think it highlights how shambolically our game is run.

I have more faith on some of the posters here than the board who runs our game!

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I dont think that makes folk clueless. 

It absolutely does. Genuinely believing there’s a chance top flight clubs would vote to lose that much money is ridiculous. 

Suggesting and believing are two entirely different things, that post suggests you are clueless.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think that, if you read that report carefully, reconstruction has not been kicked into touch, but the door has been left open to revisit it, once the pandemic is over/nearly over, which makes a lot of sense. We don't know when football will be able to re-start again. When we do, the clubs can consider any new or old proposals put forward.

On 16/04/2020 at 12:10, Vinnie said:

Hearts owner Ann Budge says she has been left "angry" by the SPFL vote result that threatens to relegate them from the Scottish Premiership.

But Budge has vowed to "right the wrong" of Wednesday's call to end the lower league season which relegated Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

Dundee's yes vote pushed the proposal over the line, with the Premiership set to follow if games cannot be played.

"The whole process has been incredibly badly handled," said Budge.

The ballot hinged on Dundee who initially voted no on Friday, only to then ask for more time to consider their stance.

A total of 81% of Scotland's 42 senior clubs have backed the resolution, which means end-of-season payments can be made to the lower-league sides by the end of this week.

The BBC report that Ann Budge will right the wrong of relegating Partick and Stranraer, so I guess its safe to say that Partick will remain in the second tier of Scottish football, however that might look.  

I'd also guess that Stranraer would still remain in a third tier, so that they dont have relegation on their record.  

We can assume that Dundee can expect a place in the restructured Premier League, we can also assume that Hearts and Hamilton will protect themselves from relegation, so that league will be 16 or 18 team top league.  

How do you right Hearts and Hamilton protecting their own interests in a restructure?  There can be no sporting integrity here.  To right the wrong, someone must fall on their sword?  I dont see Budge doing that? 

18 hours ago, Al k said:

Suggesting and believing are two entirely different things, that post suggests you are clueless.

Quite. 

it is often said that one of the reasons there will not be a larger league is because of the need for 4 old firm games, but last week showed that the other clubs are as much a barrier as the OF 

"Without going into the specifics at this time, please know that we will testify to the bullying & threats made against our club on Friday 10th by an SPFL Board member and the threats against others by the same SPFL Board member...These were threats and not robust conversations."

Part of the statement released from ICT today. I think we all know who that refers to. Time to break the silence. 

3 hours ago, Surface Agent X20 said:

it is often said that one of the reasons there will not be a larger league is because of the need for 4 old firm games, but last week showed that the other clubs are as much a barrier as the OF 

True, but is the root of this not the desire for preserving income - which in turn is maximised by 4 OF games?
The 4 OF games lies at the heart of how the game is administrated - it doesn’t mean to say it is all the fault of the OF.   

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

"Without going into the specifics at this time, please know that we will testify to the bullying & threats made against our club on Friday 10th by an SPFL Board member and the threats against others by the same SPFL Board member...These were threats and not robust conversations."

Part of the statement released from ICT today. I think we all know who that refers to. Time to break the silence. 

A very reliable and informed poster, TRBFC, recently posted on dotnet that our chairman had pointed out to the other Championship clubs that if the season was declared ''null and void'' then there would effectively be no league positions, meaning the monies from the SPFL would, of necessity, have to be shared out equally among all the clubs.

Now if that can be classed as ''bullying and threatening behaviour'' I must have landed in a parallel universe.

• Upvote 1

The whole OF four times thing isnt entirely driven by clubs, its driven by TV and sponsors.

And at that, clubs dont have a divine right to be in the top league.  Naive as it may be, clubs shouldnt set budget based on OF attendances.  

The biggest issue for Scottish clubs, it seems to me, is that most are funded by a wealthy fan, and these wealthy fans make illogical investments and spending decisions with their heart, rather than the smart logical thought out decisions that gave them their wealth in the first place.

17 hours ago, Surface Agent X20 said:

Of course they are. The 4 games between Sellick and Sevco undoubtedly bring in more TV money than 2 would, but take any other club's perspective, e.g. Motherwell. Would you rather have 2 home games per season v S & S or just 1 v each, plus 2 games v ICT and Ayr? 

It's a no brainer, isn't it?