Sign in to follow this  
Superally

2019/20 Prediction League Champion

Well with the season now officially finished due to Covid 19 its now appropriate that we also draw a premature but final end to the East End Bounce Prediction League. Congratulations to Charlie1 who wins with a mere 3points from Oxpar and 4pts from The Bad Guy in 3rd spot. Who knows what may have happened if the season continued. Worth mentioning was last years Champion The Roy Barry Fan Club only 22pts behind but with a full set of 5 Jokers Perhaps if he played them earlier…...who knows! 

Notable other facts are the highest scorers for a single week were Superally, The Saline Hill Puma and The Roy Barry Fan Club with 39pts. Ian John and Chris Whitaker both earned face palms for scoring 0pts ;). The Bad Guy led the table for 11wks closely followed by Vinnie with 10wks, Charlie 1 with his late run managed 5wks at the top. The Roy Barry Fan Club won the crowd bonus on 5 occasions and had 6 top 5 appearances. Only two folk used their full set of Jokers and Oxpar did best earning a very decent 66pts 

Many thanks to everyone who took part, hopefully the 2020/21 season if it kicks off will reach its final conclusion. With possible league reconstruction we will have to wait and see. Finally congratulations to Charlie1 for making it to the end while it counted. COYP

1 Charlie1 (1 Joker) 505

2 Oxpar 502

3 The Bad Guy (1 Joker) 501

4 Vinnie (2 Jokers) 483

4 The Roy Barry Fan Club (5 Jokers) 483

5 Superally (5 Jokers) 451

6 The Saline Hill Puma (5 Jokers) 450

7 Sea Bass (3 Jokers) 443

8 Craig Dougs McAuliffe (3 Jokers) 441

9 Andrew 283 (5 Jokers) 440

10 Buffy (3 Jokers) 423

11 Andrew Whitaker (3 Jokers) 427

12 Richard Rutherford (3 Jokers) 420

13 Teuchter (4 Jokers) 419

14 Ian John (1 Joker) 402

15 Krisg84 (2 Jokers) 372

16 Charlene Fyall (5 Jokers) 358

17 Chris Whitaker (3 Jokers) 325

18 Andy Carp (5 Jokers) 292

19 Craig Harrower (4 Jokers) 289

20 The Beer Baron 222

21 George Fyall (5 Jokers) 59

22 Digs (5 Jokers) 57

23 Salvo Montablano (5 Jokers) 44

24 Secure Par (5 Jokers) 21

25 Casy Harrower (5 Jokers) 19

26 Kyle Holley (5 Jokers) 14

27 Reuben Hannah (5 Jokers) 5

28 Piracy (5 Jokers) 

• Upvote 1

Chuffed to have “won”. Who knows if I would have if remaining games were played !!!

Sincere thanks to S’Ally for administering the league - grand job.

• Upvote 3

Total fix. I demand an asterisk. I also demand a complete reconstruction of this Prediction League, with the bottom placed predictor being placed in charge of the entire reconstruction process. With plenty games left, this has ruined the chance for a potential late season comeback by the likes of Superally, due to the bizarre decisions made by the powers that be who, oddly enough, are also called Superally.

It's a total and absolute sham, scandalous in the extreme, and is a total bloody disgrace IMO...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

disgraceful decision.....I demand a independent investigation into this farce

I held a independent investigation supported by a few drams and some beer. I determined after careful thought and consideration I was right ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm immediately calling for a fully independent  investigation and therefore I'm supporting the Saline Hill Puma in his quest for justice. I have a dossier of incriminating information which will be released to the global media at a time and place of my choosing. I also suspect that the terms of Sally's closet investigation whilst sooking a bottle of finest malt whisky were too narrow.

Had we played out the season by getting Roy Barry (to pick a name at random) to give the results for the rest of the season, in pools panel fashion, I would have been able to find out.... sorry , what I meant to say was, anticipate.... the great man.

Clearly should have been worked out on a points per pick basis -- if only to give Sally a migraine.

In all seriousness, congratulations to Charlie 1, and many thanks to Superally for the many hours of hard work (including reminding me to put in a submission from time to time).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ehhhh nae special mention fur the only burd in the top ten?! Pffft. 

Ye can forget about my fiver and the liquorice allsorts in yer pockets next season, S’ally. 

Congrats Charlie 1 x 

Edited by Buffy