Sign in to follow this  
Fifes Elite

Scottish Government Mass event ban - 500 people

4 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Yeah, probably - I was going to say like 450 or whatever for that very reason, but wanted to keep it simple for now! Not sure if those people would count in the 500 or not, but let's assume they would.

What would it be then...? 

• 22 players
  • 10 subs
  • 2 managers
  • 2 doctors
  • 2 coaches
  • 4 match officials
  • say 6 stewards (for fewer than 500 fans - 6 would be enough I would think?)
  • 8 board members, 4 per team?
  • 3 camera crew (if doing webcast)
  • 0 police/ambulance team (since that's the while point)
  • 0 catering/bar/hospitality staff (I think all that would have to go tbh)

That's 59 people ...anyone else? I must be missing someone, but let's say that 420 or so tickets were available for fans.

Do a strictly limited print run for the programme (reducing costs a bit, though probably not much), one per person, with any unsold being auctioned off.

It's possible I'm getting caught up in the minutiae here... 🙂

I would say a Manager and an Assistant.  I would say two board members for each side.  We are trying to reduce risk after all.  

I suspect there would be an expectation that there would be a Police presence.  You missed out a Turnstile Operators 🙈.... and Ball Kids.  I guess as well, you might be expected to allow away fans?  Id say 425?  

9 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I would say a Manager and an Assistant.  I would say two board members for each side.  We are trying to reduce risk after all.  

I suspect there would be an expectation that there would be a Police presence.  You missed out a Turnstile Operators 🙈.... and Ball Kids.  I guess as well, you might be expected to allow away fans?  Id say 425?  

Good shout on the turnstiles (although, again, probably only 2 needed at most). Would we need ball kids though? Could just keep a supply of spare balls and get any that end up in the stands later (maybe fans could do that job?) 

I was assuming home fans only tbh, no away fans for simplicity's sake. And yeah, the board members was just a random choice, probably not essential to have as many as that.

Either way, we'd be looking at somewhere around 400-430 fans. So, assuming we filled that allocation, and going for £10 a pop, we'd be looking at selling at least £4000-£4300 worth of tickets per match, and hopefully much more than that (I'd probably buy a couple per match, and I'm sure some people would get 5 or more tickets). Say 1000 fans tried their luck, and on average we sold 2 per fan (totally plucked out of thin air, this, obviously), that'd be about £20000 (minus any costs)

I have no idea if that would come close to making up for the loss of usual matchday income, but it surely wouldn't hurt.

10 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I was assuming home fans only tbh, no away fans for simplicity's sake. 

I have no idea if that would come close to making up for the loss of usual matchday income, but it surely wouldn't hurt.

If other clubs picked up on such an idea, you would think theyd limit it to home fans only, so fairs fair... 

I have no idea what additional money is made from likes of Charlie D's, hospitality, food and drink sales, or programmes.  If you say we get 3500 paying fans at games at £20 (before extras) a skull, thats £70k?  Its still quite a shortfall.  But it is something. 

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

If other clubs picked up on such an idea, you would think theyd limit it to home fans only, so fairs fair... 

I have no idea what additional money is made from likes of Charlie D's, hospitality, food and drink sales, or programmes.  If you say we get 3500 paying fans at games at £20 (before extras) a skull, thats £70k?  Its still quite a shortfall.  But it is something. 

But, we don't get 3500 pay at the gate people, probably more like 1500 I reckon.

I should probably have mentioned, my plan does involve ST holders not getting refunds for the remaining games (or the club keeps that money) and also having to pay for their tickets in the draw, which might not be too popular admittedly.

I floated your decision around the office here.  The feeling is that its only football and we shouldnt be selfish.  

Guest The Beer Baron

500 fans in each stand. Or put space between sets of 500. Could probably get space for I dunno, 5k? That's all we need.

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I floated your decision around the office here.  The feeling is that its only football and we shouldnt be selfish.  

Decision?

TBH, it's not even really about getting people into the game, that's just a means to an end for collecting money to (potentially, depending on the state of things) keep the club going until this passes. If they see it as selfish, then fine, but to me this is about a community getting together to preserve the thing that makes them a community in the first place.

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

500 fans in each stand. Or put space between sets of 500. Could probably get space for I dunno, 5k? That's all we need.

It's not about spacing people out though, it's about not using police resources at an event.

2 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Decision?

Suggestion/idea .... at work, having a moment 😕

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

Suggestion/idea .... at work, having a moment 😕

Gotcha, no worries - thought you has mistaken me for Ross McArthur for a minute 😉

Fingers crossed I’ll still get to do the updates seeing I could be sitting on me own in the pb. 

aw ma cakes to masel tae 😊 

Thing is though there shouldn’t be any closed door matches - the players shouldn’t have to put themselves at risk just so the league can continue. Everyone associated with any event won’t be there. 

8 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

You would have to think that England is very close now to either suspending all matches or playing behind closed doors. And I've no doubt we'll see the same here almost immediately. 

I know some folk will consider postponing games plays into the idea of all the fearmongering but they have to suspend games now?  Whilst folk might consider it to be overly cautious, I think that safety trumps everything else?