Sign in to follow this  
SanguinePar

Seven years ago

Remember honk posting lots on the other "forum" about our situation, back when we were in SPL asking where we were getting money for the Jan window signings. 

Also the promotion season too if remember correctly. Wasn't until our relegation he posted more frequently and posts started disappearing and then black carded when it hit the fan and dodgy share option appeared. 

Wasn't sure what to make of it all as i had been living in Wimbledon at the time. 

5 hours ago, Slop said:

7 years already !? 

8 years now! I started this thread more than a year ago! :-)

An interesting thread. Living a long way from Dunfermline it was difficult to get a handle on what was really going on. Early 2013 ( I think perhaps January ) or possibly late 2012 , I was approached by a friend  (fellow supporter) who told me the club was struggling to pay the power bill to keep the floodlights on- this was when I realised we were in really desperate straights. He and I ( along with a few others)  wrote personal cheques to the power company to keep the lights on.  A month or two later I was in a  hospitality box  ( it was the freezing midweek game against Falkirk which we lost) and I was asked by one of the club's staff if I would mind sharing the box with the Official Administrator who had just been appointed that day ( or day before). Well , that was surreal.  

I cant recall if the away game against Raith Rovers was the last game of the season but many felt that it could well be the finale for the Pars. I decided I didnt want to  attend it I guess for two reasons  ;  I couldnt deal with it emotionally  and I really didnt believe it would be the last.

Writing this reminds me that I got a phone call from Gavin Masterton probably in the second half of 2012, he was simply phoning to thank me for some sponsorship ( cant recall what it was ) and he came over as very, very pleasant. That was my one and only dealing with him directly.

I guess I almost went for the "share issue"  , I already had  ( still have) shares in DAFC Ltd but I prevaricated and eventually concluded that it would be throwing money away and that Administration would be a better option. 

Its been some journey and we owe an enormous debt of gratitude to current and previous ( post Admin ) Directors. I still have a copy of the BDO accounts and list of Creditors. If you study it you will see that some of the current  (and previous ) Directors  of PUCIC and DAFC Ltd  took big losses ( five figures possibly six ?)  on Adminstration YET STILL PUT THEIR HANDS IN THEIR POCKETS to fund the Administration and purchase by PUCIC.  

It would make a fantastic book , so many fans played some part in so many many ways and so much of it will be unknown  and unseen.

• Upvote 2

On 30/07/2021 at 22:37, Yorkie said:

It would make a fantastic book , so many fans played some part in so many many ways and so much of it will be unknown  and unseen.

It would. I knew bits and bobs, and I’ve forgotten most of it tbh and there’s plenty more who know more than me but some of the stuff that was going on would make your hair curl. 

I often wonder if it was just ignorance, blind stubbornness to look reality in the face out of self preservation of positions within the club or just that people were totally hoodwinked by Masterton, (it’s probably a mix in reality) that made them so vociferous in their opposition to those who stood up and fought back. 

One day, the full story will come out and those who treated some people so badly will hopefully at least have a degree of regret. 

2 hours ago, Digs said:

It would. I knew bits and bobs, and I’ve forgotten most of it tbh and there’s plenty more who know more than me but some of the stuff that was going on would make your hair curl. 

I often wonder if it was just ignorance, blind stubbornness to look reality in the face out of self preservation of positions within the club or just that people were totally hoodwinked by Masterton, (it’s probably a mix in reality) that made them so vociferous in their opposition to those who stood up and fought back. 

One day, the full story will come out and those who treated some people so badly will hopefully at least have a degree of regret. 

Ross McArthur sent a text to a guy I know well on the day the German gents took over just the other week. He thanked him for the support and initiative back in 2012/2013. Touch of class and he knew who to trust in nasty circumstances. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Digs said:

You would think so but certain individuals have shown absolutely no contrition, not even an admittance that they were wrong when gleefully passing on personal information to the Mastertons for them to threaten legal action. 

I do feel bad for the club that I do this but I cannot in good conscience pay for Pars TV knowing that he is behind it. 

The heritage trust also lost the skills of a quality graphic designer (if I am not mistaken, it was him who designed this site) when the man child decided that its site should be his way or no way despite it being clunky and not particularly user friendly.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

I do feel bad for the club that I do this but I cannot in good conscience pay for Pars TV knowing that he is behind it. 

Not forgetting the other story that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago about the ‘missing money’.