Sign in to follow this  
SanguinePar

Seven years ago

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

Mad how Masterton was openly willing to just take people's cash and run for it.

never forgotten, never forgiven.

Aye, all to save his pension as it ultimately turned out...

Knitting scarves because there were none in the club shop; 

Selling cakes and co organised (with Becky) the craft fair at the Vine Church to raise funds for the players’ wages;

Shaking buckets every home game and at Starks; 

I was doing the updates when KS crossed the pitch and I was grinning from ear to ear coming out the pb to sit with the pars fans outside EEP. 

• Upvote 2

Seen Yorkston a few weeks ago in the town. He mentioned to the person I was with he would like to go back to a game at EEP. Not sure how well that would be received by the supporters tbh

I still have allot of the stuff from over that era. Like the ticket for the PJ malloys gig, the poster in the OP for the share issue. As well as pars alive posters etc. There has been some chat about doing an exhibition of some sort talking about what the club and supporters went through during that period.

8 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Seen Yorkston a few weeks ago in the town. He mentioned to the person I was with he would like to go back to a game at EEP. Not sure how well that would be received by the supporters tbh

I still have allot of the stuff from over that era. Like the ticket for the PJ malloys gig, the poster in the OP for the share issue. As well as pars alive posters etc. There has been some chat about doing an exhibition of some sort talking about what the club and supporters went through during that period.

The Pars Alive banner went missing. PST last had it. Might be worth chasing them up. It was a quality product paid for by Ross McArthur, designed by fellow fan using one of my photos. Got it made by a fellow fan too. I wish I had hunted it down at the time. 

Here are some of the things I mentioned before from that era. I also have some proposal papers about the supporters council and the ideas forum that happened around that time but I'm not sure there will be of the same interest. (Sorry for the dodgy camera work). I actually have quite a few of the airdrie game fliers and the pars united launch night fliers if anyone wants one.

20200310_090802.jpg

20200310_090813.jpg

20200310_090821.jpg

20200310_090825.jpg

20200310_090833.jpg

20200310_090839.jpg

20200310_090853.jpg

20200310_090912.jpg

20200310_090922.jpg

20200310_090952.jpg

20200310_091931.jpg

Edited by Fifes Elite

Those were bad times, and emotions were raw.

I will contend that NOBODY knew then (or perhaps even knows now) the full story. Those who were involved  to any degree saw parts of what was happening but a lot went on behind closed doors that was unrecorded and is perhaps best forgotten.

There were also a lot of accusations and personal abuse against individual Pars fans - sometimes deserved,  usually not.  With very few exceptions, everyone was doing what they thought at the time was best to save the football club from extinction, even if they differed in their methods. There were some bends and wrong turnings in the road and mistakes were made, but in the end the COLLECTIVE efforts were successful and a much healthier football club emerged. 

It's a little ironic IMO that as we go into 2021 we're looking at the club moving back to a situation where the majority shareholders will be people who until recently had no connection with DAFC! Let's hope the events of seven years ago were a one-off!

On 18/11/2020 at 14:57, Stanza said:

It's a little ironic IMO that as we go into 2021 we're looking at the club moving back to a situation where the majority shareholders will be people who until recently had no connection with DAFC! Let's hope the events of seven years ago were a one-off!

I think they're a hugely different proposition to Gavin Masteron and his side kick John Yorkston. Although I obviously get what you're saying about about majority shareholders.

I think if Ross McArthur (with help) hadn't been able to secure additional investment and the right blend of experience from 'outsiders', we'd have been screwed again anyway.

There's no way that under the circumstances we'd been operating under in recent years (and with the Covid-19 worldwide pandemic) we'd have survived in any great shape going forward. I honestly think we were actually heading back into trouble without this outside help.

• Upvote 1