Sign in to follow this  
Fifes Elite

Run in

13 games left. Only 2 of our last 6 games are at home so I wouldn't mind having plenty of points on the board before then. How does everyone think we will finish this year?

Sat, 22nd Feb 15:00 away PARTICK THISTLE SPFLCH        
Tue, 25th Feb 19:45 home INVERNESS CT SPFLCH        
Sat, 29th Feb 15:00 home DUNDEE UNITED SPFLCH        
Wed, 4th Mar 19:45 away ARBROATH SPFLCH        
Sat, 7th Mar 15:00 home QUEEN OF THE SOUTH SPFLCH        
Sat, 14th Mar 15:00 away DUNDEE SPFLCH        
Sat, 21st Mar 15:00 home MORTON SPFLCH        
Sat, 28th Mar 15:00 away ALLOA ATHLETIC SPFLCH        
Sat, 4th Apr 15:00 away AYR UNITED SPFLCH        
Sat, 11th Apr 15:00 home ARBROATH SPFLCH        
Sat, 18th Apr 15:00 away DUNDEE UNITED SPFLCH        
Sat, 25th Apr 15:00 home PARTICK THISTLE SPFLCH        
Sat, 2nd May 15:00 away INVERNESS CT SPFLCH

I think we can make the play offs. 

I don't think we'll go up but it would be good if we turned up and gave it everything we've got in a play off situation and seriously push on next season.

I think Crawford is finding his feet and we'll start to tackle our inconsistency. 

58 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I don't think we'll go up but it would be good if we turned up and gave it everything we've got in a play off situation and seriously push on next season.

This is pretty much what I have been saying all season.  There have been some real drama queens huffing and puffing about one bad run of results, but we have always been there or thereabouts in play-off contention.  

Guest The Beer Baron

It wasn't just one bad run of results though, was it? 

There have been bad results, but that one prolonged spell. 

Given how close this league continues to be year after year, teams will take points off of one another.  

I see we've got 5 games in 15 days. How well we do in this tough, demanding spell, could define our season.

Are the fixtures drawn up by a computer? How the feck do we always seem to have to travel up to Inverness for the last game, or is it just an imaginary of my figment?

Guest The Beer Baron

So we're ignoring the run in last season? And some utter drivel earlier this season?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm unhappy where we are but let's not rewrite history in a cloud of fluffiness.

Not rewriting history.  I didnt realise you were counting last season.  I was referring to this season alone.  Neither of us is wrong.

I think we will finish roughly where we are, there will be a flirtation with a top 4 play off but we will be 5th. If Nisbet heads aff we may have spurned a good opportunity for us to make the top 4 but the inconsistency this season has probably not helped. 

Guest The Beer Baron

Think we'll be 5th or 6th which is alright. Games against Arbroath and Thistle we need to make sure we win to avoid slipping into a proper relegation fight.

Would be brilliant to finally end this hoodoo of Utd at home also, the confidence from that could push us on strongly. They weren't great at all last time out at Tannadice and I think we're looking OK just now. Just avoid stupid mistakes at the back...

All I can say with the Rum talking, please get to the ****in game next week 

On 15/02/2020 at 01:54, Piracy said:

All I can say with the Rum talking, please get to the ****in game next week 

group of us heading thorugh early for a few pints in Glasgow then underground out towards a the ground. 

i think next three games will largely determine our final position:  6+points and we will finish top4

4-5 points we will finish 5th-7th

3 points or fewer and we will finish 8th

Looking at the points already accumulated i reckon the team finishing bottom will have at least 34.