Sign in to follow this  
Fifes Elite

Hobbies outside of football?

No football this weekend therefore people can get on with other activities of enjoyment.

What does everyone do outside of watching football?

Nothing this weekend, the weather is meant to be horrific! Usually though, I would be playing golf if the weather is half decent. I'm bad enough without the weather hampering me as well.  

Off next week, so I'm going to try and get some hill walking in too. I always feel guilty for living in such a beautiful country that I've hardly taken any time to see.

Aside from that, I watch other football, either Hill of Beath, their u20's, or my daughters team. I watch more amateur football than I do professional to be honest.

39 minutes ago, Digs said:

Aside from that, I watch other football, either Hill of Beath, their u20's,

If I knew you were one of "them" I would never have spoken to you :fist:

14 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Reading and trying to play the drums (i can read though) 😂 

I do a bit of reading myself but I dip in and out of it, I have a stack of books I need to get through at the moment. I should probably start taking them on the bus for my commute. No chance I would try and learn an instrument my concentration span for learning them isn't good enough.

I utterly loathe weekends where we are not playing during the football season. I have a '59 Austin Healey Mk1 Sprite (Frogeye) which i'm working on, I have a few wee jobs which I can manage to get done in the shed and garage and hopefully have it back again on the road in the better weather (This weekend excepted). My other hobby is whisky :)

3 hours ago, Digs said:

Usually though, I would be playing golf

Wasn’t aware you were a Tory. Disappointing.

I will watch the Rugby in the pub today as there's no football. 

I do a fair bit of fishing, mainly Trout but fair bit of Salmon fishing as well. Starts around March. 

I'm a keen motorcyclist as well. Not done much last 2 years but will be doing a few planned runs this year. 

I enjoy gardening, usually do a bit most weekends when the weather is good. 

I also do a bit of Bird Watching. I'm a member of the RSPB. 

Also like to eat out at weekend. 

I’ll be mainly playing scalextric and watching Peppa Pig. Peppa is a ****ing ****hole. 

• Upvote 1

Going to a retro cars exhibition - wouldn’t say cars are a major interest, but I like old ones.

I played drums for years in a few bands, but let it drop 12 years ago when I moved away. Recently bought a guitar and have started learning it again. Progressing much quicker this time thanks the internet.

I always have a book on the go also.

Have found I am pretty good at DIY also - although the motivation usually comes via a moaning missus.

I read a lot also go for long walks either hill or beach is best. When the weather is good and I am in Scotland I go up to Wanlockhead and do some gold panning, my wifes wedding ring is made from Scottish gold that I panned. I also like travelling to different countries and go where the tourists don't go.

On 08/02/2020 at 10:03, Piracy said:

I also do a bit of Bird Watching. I'm a member of the RSPB. 

I used to be when  I was a kid, and still like to see what I can  spot when I'm out and about.  Last week, we were walking round the Meedies and an older couple were watching the water fowl on the far end of the loch and pointed out a rare bird to us which is never seen round these parts. A 'Smew', which is normally found  in Russia apparently, they were ecstatic, and I thought it was pretty cool as well.

• Upvote 1

On 07/02/2020 at 15:44, Fifes Elite said:

If I knew you were one of "them" I would never have spoken to you :fist:

😂 Well,  I knew you were one of 'them' from over the hill but I'm far too polite to hold it against you 😉

My son plays for them to be fair, and I coached quite a few of the lads in the u20's when they were kids.