Sign in to follow this  
Piracy

Pars v QoS

One of the pleasing things was the fact 3 goals all come from much maligned players McGill, Devine and Ashcroft. All heavily critised at points this season by fellow Pars fans. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Piracy said:

One of the pleasing things was the fact 3 goals all come from much maligned players McGill, Devine and Ashcroft. All heavily critised at points this season by fellow Pars fans. 

In the cases of Ash and Devine, completely warranted.

however yesterday they did well and McGill did okay and grabbed a nice poachers goal.

defensively I thought we looked good for the most part, especially Comrie, Mr Consistent. Also gets forward a lot but without leaving massive gaps like Williamson did.

Also shout out to Kyle Turner. Wasn't our best player but has been criticized of lati thought he did some great off the ball work and closing down at the edge of the box. The non flashy stuff that goes unnoticed a lot.

2 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

In the cases of Ash and Devine, completely warranted.

however yesterday they did well and McGill did okay and grabbed a nice poachers goal.

defensively I thought we looked good for the most part, especially Comrie, Mr Consistent. Also gets forward a lot but without leaving massive gaps like Williamson did.

Also shout out to Kyle Turner. Wasn't our best player but has been criticized of lati thought he did some great off the ball work and closing down at the edge of the box. The non flashy stuff that goes unnoticed a lot.

Kyle Turner was industrious and keen to get on the ball and drive forward. He now seems to be trying to meet physical challenges a bit more robustly, but he remains a tad lightweight. So he is sometimes too easily dispossessed. 

I thought Paul Paton had a great game. Our best player yesterday in my opinion. 

Dow was in about everything, he's my favourite Pars player. 

Last mention is the Referee. What a useless fud. 

Good result only negative is the pathetic attempt at a dive for the first goal by the IMPRESSIVE internationalist. Hopefully the win will do him good and he’ll pick up in the coming weeks. 

32 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Good result only negative is the pathetic attempt at a dive for the first goal by the IMPRESSIVE internationalist. Hopefully the win will do him good and he’ll pick up in the coming weeks. 

I think he'll adapt quickly enough. Showed some good movement and positional sense yesterday.

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

I think he'll adapt quickly enough. Showed some good movement and positional sense yesterday.

Fingers crossed, neebur. Claimed a couple of high balls well.  Probably only trained with the Ashcroft and Devine for a few hours to be fair to him. 

Highlights are up: 

Have to agree with Keyser about that dive for the first, I watched it back thinking there must have been a deflection or something, but no, was just a horrible attempt! Oh well :-)

Keeper isnt very tall.  Can he impose himself?

Shocking penalty decision.  Ref was looking right at it.  Although QoS didnt claim for it, I thought Ashcroft was climbing on the back of his marker.  Ref made mistakes for both teams

14 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Shocking penalty decision.  Ref was looking right at it.  Although QoS didnt claim for it, I thought Ashcroft was climbing on the back of his marker.  Ref made mistakes for both teams

I thought I read somewhere that Fon Williams was 6 ft 3in?

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I thought I read somewhere that Fon Williams was 6 ft 3in?

Looked tiny in the video.  

59 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...what the ****. He’s 6ft 4”. 

15 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Mr Williams is 6ft 4".

I will stand corrected Mr Piracy.  I had thought Id read he was quite tall but highlights video made him look quite wee? 

• Upvote 1

I thought the new chap Afolabi looked very good and was unlucky not to net. Also good to see that McGill scored and looked a menace in the highlights, again his confidence will grow. On that evidence Craw was right to let Ryan go, early days but it looks promising