Sign in to follow this  
Boston Red Sox

Lang out on loan

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

Can a club do that out with a transfer window? I'm not certain you can unless it's a squad emergency. Which we basically have in defence....

I think we could recall him, but wouldn't be able to play him as he'll be registered to Clyde and that can't change outside transfer window.

3 hours ago, lambo1885 said:

I think we could recall him, but wouldn't be able to play him as he'll be registered to Clyde and that can't change outside transfer window.

Thought they couldn't play if registered to 3 different teams in year?

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Thought they couldn't play if registered to 3 different teams in year?

That's also true. But once the window is shut players registration can't be changed.

• Upvote 1

If thats the case then its even more baffling, then we were also told there were no plans to loan out Ryan when asked and we know what happened the next day. 

2 hours ago, Al k said:

If thats the case then its even more baffling, then we were also told there were no plans to loan out Ryan when asked and we know what happened the next day. 

Why would any club discuss a player's potential transfer/loan to another club before the process had been completed? If the arrangement fell through at the last minute, all parties would be left looking very silly. 

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Why would any club discuss a player's potential transfer/loan to another club before the process had been completed? If the arrangement fell through at the last minute, all parties would be left looking very silly. 

That is true but it was the worst kept secret ever. Personally i felt his statements before and after sounded a bit silly.  

On 16/01/2020 at 08:50, Rossmcno1 said:

M’Voto...? 

I actually liked big Jock. We could be doing with a “clear out” centre half instead of all this f*$king about at the back. To be fair a Football connoisseurs player he was not.

I don't remember M'Voto putting a foot wrong for us. Was solid, no-nonsense and won everything in the air. 

Only time I mind he was dodge was when AJ unwisely shoved him up front at Tannadice in the play off and we lost any momentum we had. 

I have to say, this is the first decision Stevie has made that I can't work out. It's a strange one for me. I have no idea what Stevie sees in Devine, he is murder, and he's dragging Ashcroft down with him IMO. 

For me, if we want to stop leaking daft goals, which Stevie has admitted on  several occassions as being our biggest weakness, he needs to drop Devine. Martin would be most people's preferred full back, but I also like him at CB, so assuming he is there to stay for a while, that leaves Murray and Lang to replace Devine. Letting Lang go in that scenario means the only cover we have at CB is either bringing Devine back in (pointless for the reasons above) or Martin back in  from full back which then leaves us weaker there and with no cover. 

Lang deserves his chance and there is also an argument to play him alongside Murray and drop both Devine and Ashcroft if you want to be completely radical. 

Only thing I can think of is he wants to get him game time, but if you are Lang, and you are going over the scenarios above in your own head, you must be wondering what you've got to do to get a chance?

As I said, it's a strange one for me.

• Upvote 1