Sign in to follow this  
Boston Red Sox

So where do we go from here?

To being unable to recover from going a goal down we have now added being unable to hold on to going a goal ahead. Which can only lead to disaster.

To go forward (with the club overall) things need some level of rethink, inspiration, fresh impetus and initiative. We're stuck in this league and it's causing problems. 

The current Board saved the club.

The same guys have steadied the club and have sacrificed, time, money and emotions.

They've reinstated community ethos, financial prudence and I believe integrity. 

Been a few bumps along the way. Wasn't too bad under AJ, but fans wanted him away. They got rid of him. 

They then tried something new, which was to be applauded at that time. We're trying to blood young players bring them on. Crawford and Shields gave an excellent presentation post season. But it's simply not working. I still would give him some more games.

Rest for almost a fortnight now, then Dundee at home. Win that and it'll do our confidence some good. 

It's not great just now but I genuinely believe some level of decision making will make a difference to arresting this current slump. It's got to. 

Time to roll up the sleeves and dig deep.

Last point from me. Sometimes I hate fellow fans. Screaming abuse at games, grubbing off on the various social media platforms does nothing. If it's tried on here it will not be tolerated. Passion and frustration are completely understandable but sh*te behaviour is not. Leave that to the other forums. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Anyone else heard about a board meeting today???

No, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

23 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Anyone else heard about a board meeting today???

No, but there's a poster on Dotnet who claims to have a source (presumably a director) who has disclosed this information. I wouldn't be spraffing to anyone who promptly puts it out on social media. You obviously think this means curtains for Crawford, but if that was the case, why couldn't it wait until tomorrow?

That's an excellent post by Piracy above yours, imo.

There's apparently a monthly board meeting on Monday. A meeting today sounds like fabrication and lies, something which some "fans" have been prone to before to stir the ****.

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Some fans...

Great post @Piracy

Yeah some fans bud. 

I'll give my own personal opinion on the other website.

There's not got enough reasoned posters nowadays to combat the personal attacks on players, Managers or Board. It frustrates the life out of me. 

On Facebook you can have a go. On here it's open season for debate, but there it's anonymity allowing open season. 

Screenshot_20200112_092655_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_092631_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_092610_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_092938_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_092859_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_092730_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_160317_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_141159_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112_093002_com.android.chrome.jpg

This is a flavour of the puerile, knicker wetting dross being passed off considered opinions.

• Upvote 1

Its all a bit of a mess atm, I'll openly admit that latterly I wasn't a fan of AJ and wanted him to go. I feel that since he has moved on to QoS who have hardly set the heather on fire that it was the right decision by the club. I applauded the club for trying to create a new direction and for having the ambition to do so. Fans just have to realise we are no longer the big fish in a wee pool and we don't have resources to spend wildly on the team like we did before. We are living within our means and that means tough decisions are made that don't meet the ambitions or expectations of some of our fans. Equally by the same criteria I had set for AJ its plain to see that he is struggling atm, I desperately want the team to do well and would be happy at the start with a mid table position at the end of the season. However its quickly turning sour and from a poor start and then a spell of good form where we reached 3rd we are being dragged towards a play off spot. Its easy to see confidence is low and sadly we are a fickle support and there is a moronic childish element that are never happier unless we are beat. However some of the demonising of the players is out of order. I heard of a post (didn't see it) last night on the other site stating there were "undesirables" in the directors box which is unacceptable and beyond any degree of banter. I really want the club and Craw to do well but there is a limit and ultimately the directors will look at it and decide what's best for the club and i'll go with that. Mean time I'll continue to go to home games and support the team and remember that we still have a club and know we have been in worse times. COYP

• Upvote 1

This is what I like about this site, it is peopled - almost exclusively - by intelligent, reasoning individuals. It's just a shame there aren't enough to keep the pot boiling around the clock, just to mix metaphors. 

There are some reasonable posters on Dotnet, however they are often outnumbered and outshouted by some absolute nuggets, especially when results are poor. 

I can only imagine they are shrill wee boys whose cajones haven't dropped yet. ☹

• Upvote 3

I adopt an approach that I will only post what I would be prepared to say face to face to whomever. Its too easy to hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard and a user name.

That is not to say that I am not really concerned with the current direction of travel, where our next points are coming from and how our crowds will hold up.

44 minutes ago, Piracy said:

This is a flavour of the puerile, knicker wetting dross being passed off considered opinions.

Man, I miss that place...

• Upvote 2

I’m concerned about the future of the club. I liked Crawford as a player and I’m sure he’s a nice guy so I don’t see any value in personal insults. I just don’t see him offering any hope of turning things around and if the current trend continues it’s the seaside league which would be damaging. I honestly don’t think he has that leadership/management capability to compete in League 1 (as shown by results against Alloa, Arbroath, Stranraer etc).  At some point a decision will have to be made regarding the clubs direction.

what saddens me is that I’ve not been at the last few games as my laddie has had enough and packed it in. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is in this position and this is concerning. I get where we are financially but it is sickening to see us lose to lesser teams due to lack of fight, organisation team selection and tactics.

Obviously I hope I’m wrong and we leather Dundee and it all starts from there.

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Man, I miss that place...

Dinnae believe ye 😁

• Upvote 1