Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Pars v Ayr Utd

The Pars are at home for their first game on 2020 and play Ayr Utd only one of two teams (the other Partick) that we have a 100% win record over this season. The honest men sit 4th in the table with 28pts, one place above the Pars who are 3pts behind and another win will likely see the Pars gaining 4th place once again due to a better goal difference. Both teams are suffering a loss of form with Ayr wining only one match and a draw in their last 5 games and the Pars losing their last 3 games after a decent run of form and conceding 9 goals in the process. While a win would be desirable, I think the probable outcome will be a draw - at least it will stop the rot. COYP  

Both teams' results have been so up and down, it's impossible to forecast which way it will go. The fact we've already beaten them twice is neither here nor there. The first goal could well be crucial - again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Both teams' results have been so up and down, it's impossible to forecast which way it will go. The fact we've already beaten them twice is neither here nor there. The first goal could well be crucial - again.

it didn't do us much good last week! lol

• Upvote 1

I'm utterly not going to predict anything. 

I just want to see us play as we can. Starting by cutting out silly defensive mistakes. 

16 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I was referring to the previous games v Ayr, S'Ally.

You mean the one where we came from behind to win at East End?

Cant be ***ed going to the game after the last few games being brutal, I'm not paying 20 quid, not value for money recently. 

However I do think we will win 2 or 3 nil. 

Not sure who will start in goal, both keepers keep making simple mistakes. Would bring lang into cental defence and play Martin at left back. 

If Beadling us fit he should come back into the midfield 3 and would keep Kiltie, Dow and Nisbet as the forward 3.

Another strange game so far. 1-0 down after one of Ayr's very few forays forward. Pars have actually played really well, made lots of chances and half chances and taken precisely none of them. Dispiriting to go in one down having dominated. Hopefully we can turn it round.

Ethan Ross looks very decent, especially given his youth. Paton playing well too.

I would rather play poorly and win. 5 points off bottom of the league as things stand.

30 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I would rather play poorly and win..

Well, we managed half of that...

God, that was f**king atrocious in the second half. Miserable stuff.