Sign in to follow this  
GG Riva

X Marks the Spot

At any given game at EEP, Pars fans can be seen sitting in approximately 3/4 of the stadium. Most of them occupy the same seat at every match.

When I first started watching the Pars, my school pal and I used to get in early and take up our place behind the goal at the Cowdenbeath end, as that was the one the team generally chose to play towards in the first half. If we had to play the other way, we'd quickly make our way round to the town end, via the covered North terracing. At half time we always changed ends, unless we were playing one of the OF, when the stadium would be too crowded to make the effort.

When my pal and I went our separate ways, I became a fixture in the North enclosure, just to west of where the TV gantry is now situated, with a different pal for company. When he stopped following the Pars due to failing health, I moved to a seat in the main stand. On the odd occasion, I've also sat in the Norrie, and both the NW and NE. There's no doubt that watching from the South Stand is less atmospheric, but you get a far better view of the game. I no longer enjoy watching games from behind a goal, although in some away games we have no choice.

Where do you prefer to sit at EEP and why?

I originally stood on the NE terracing near the cage before moving along to the NW corner. 

But I miss my seat in the Norrie - second last row from the back up behind the goals. The climb up into the heavens. I liked looking down the full length of the pitch although at times I couldn’t see the action at the away end! 

Being in the Main Stand brings with it some challenges - pillars being one, for free kicks;  not being able to see the near side corners another; and it feels colder than any other part of the stadium! Heated seats would be braw. 

Sit in the Norrie, just above the second last opening closest to the NW. I've sat in the NW once, and hated it. The view is terrible. 

My old seat in the Norrie was freezing, just behind the goals but on the last row that didnt get any covering from  the stand roof so my seat was always soaking, and it was wide open, so freezing as well. It was good for hearing the players at set pieces though, used to enjoy that. 

That is also the only thing I like about the main stand, the roof catches everything and you hear quite a bit of on pitch chat, which sometimes goes some way to explaining whats going on sometimes. The views are poor though IMO. You can barely see either corner flag in some seats, or the touchlines sometimes, and there are huge pillars also blocking your way. It's not a great view at all IMO

I like my seat, (some of those sitting around me notwithstanding but they probably feel exactly the same) the view of the pitch is good and you get to see the shape of the team pretty well, and how organised, or not, the team are.

Can I just add, the one thing that does bug me about my seat is that I can see the two £90 balls sitting in the guttering of the Main stand that have been there over a year, and it makes my teeth itch every week. Get them doon!