Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Falkirks McKinnon Sacked

............getting beat by Dumbarton was the final straw. Shame I Hope he would have stayed on :)

"Falkirk FC can confirm that Ray McKinnon and Darren Taylor have been relieved of their duties as First Team Manager and Assistant Manager with immediate effect.

Interim Chairman, Lex Miller and the Board of Directors wish to place on record their best wishes to Ray and Darren for the future."

****y Broon shoes or Yogi to return?

Didn't see that one coming.

Of course I don't know how the team has been playing, but they're only 3 pts off the top - hardly time to panic. Maybe the board thought they should be at least 10 points clear and cruising by now?

It'll be interesting to see how much of a bounce the new manager can produce with the squad he'll inherit. From a personal perspective, I'd much prefer Grangemouth and the wee team to be in the Championship. Better atmosphere at games, as they bring a decent support compared to the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and QOS.

Eta - They have several former Pars players in the squad. Some of them allegedly had a poor attitude with us last season. Maybe there's some substance to the allegation......

Edited by GG Riva

They can always fall back on their youth policy .... ah, hold on....

I wonder how much of the blame that Falkirk fans attribute to Hartley and his promise to buy them a spot in the top league.

If it's true that some of the squad are swinging the lead, it might be fun if Big Yogi got the job. We could be treated to another epic rant, similar to the one he delivered at the San Starko. ☺

• Upvote 1

Apparently Coyle is the favourite. Some fans clamoring for Duffy. Hughes and Pressley looking for a gig, any of these 4 would be tremendous.

Where's the money coming for all this? They spent a fair bit on Mackinnon in the end I think, paying off another managerial team can't be cheap.

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

Apparently Coyle is the favourite. Some fans clamoring for Duffy. Hughes and Pressley looking for a gig, any of these 4 would be tremendous.

Where's the money coming for all this? They spent a fair bit on Mackinnon in the end I think, paying off another managerial team can't be cheap.

Maybe the Falkirk Board have a pal in a senior position in a Scottish bank? 😉

Just goes to show that changing the manager is no guarantee of success. McKinnon has not brought the fabled new manager bounce and now they're about to throw good money after bad - again.

Hell mend them!

****y Broon Shoes has just been sacked by Carlisle... a return? 

Edited by Vinnie

I love the way, after all these years, how ****y brown shoes has endured as a nickname for Pressley. It is just a bizarre thing to have caught on. Particularly given, if I remember well, that it was in fact a pair of reasonably smart brogues that he had on.

The only bad thing is that I get Crocodile Shoes in my head when it’s mentioned.

17 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Maybe they'll go for Pochettino?

Watch the merry go round start...

United want Poch, so theyll dump Solskjaer soon.  United want Pochettino for months but didnt want to pay his supposed £32m release clause... no need now, cheap to sack Solskjaer, and United want Kane and Eriksen

12 hours ago, Vinnie said:

United want Poch, so theyll dump Solskjaer soon.  United want Pochettino for months but didnt want to pay his supposed £32m release clause... no need now, cheap to sack Solskjaer, and United want Kane and Eriksen

So, Solskjaer will end up at Falkirk?

23 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah, I was thinking that. Yesterday may have put the D on Ole.