Sign in to follow this  
GG Riva

Liverpool v Man City

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I think that this game might actually live up to its billing

Yeah, me too - so often these hyped matches are underwhelming, but I think this will be a cracker. Just hope VAR doesn't ruin it.

VAR wont ruin the game, its how its application is interpreted by the officials that ruins a game.

Ultimately, the referee on the park should make a final decision, not the VAR referee.  

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

VAR wont ruin the game, its how its application is interpreted by the officials that ruins a game.

Ultimately, the referee on the park should make a final decision, not the VAR referee.  

> VAR immediately ruins the first goal by creating yet more confusion

Mad to say it so early, but I have a feeling this is Liverpools title year.  Both Liverpool and City will drop points over the remainder of the season, but 9 points is a big gap to close.  

Liverpool seem to be able to keep their squad fit at the minute, City seem to have injuries in key positions on a constant basis just now.  

17 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Mad to say it so early, but I have a feeling this is Liverpools title year.  Both Liverpool and City will drop points over the remainder of the season, but 9 points is a big gap to close.  

Everyone was saying something similar when Rodgers in charge and I think it was 8 points they chucked? This is a far superior side though and I do think they will win it this year too. They seem to be running away with it without getting into second gear or even breaking sweat.

12 games into a 38 game season? It is madness to suggest it's all over now - could be a song in there...🙂

I don't think Leicester or Chelsea are likely to win it, but they may have a big say in who does. City are still the main threat to Liverpool. They have been unlucky with injuries, particularly to Laporte. Without him, the defence often looks fragile. Liverpool could become the victims of their own success, as City found out when trying to compete for all three domestic trophies, as well as the CL. Should they get knocked out of one or more cup competitions and their key players manage to steer clear of injuries, they'll be in with a great chance.

I think that City will start to concentrate their attention to the CL, and Liverpool while Liverpool are likely to continue to challenge for both.  I suspect there may be a point in the season when Liverpool will need to prioritise - the fans want the EPL.  City fans feel the need to win the CL in order to prove that they are a big club.