Sign in to follow this  
Piracy

Stevie Crawford

I'm still backing him and the team but we have to see a home win soon or the pressure for change will crank up. 

What's other fans views on how long we stick with the guys currently in charge? 

Nobody can deny results and performances have been generally poor, especially at home, where most of us see the team, but I think Stevie and his management team should be given more time to try and turn things around. I think the BoD are not given to pressing the panic button. AJ got a fair crack of the whip before he was (reluctantly) dismissed.

I don't think SC will be treated any differently.

I said before, in another thread, it seems that the club is investing at least two years in Crawford.  Seems to me that hes built a squad to gain experience this year, gearing up for a promotion push next year. 

• Upvote 1

He has my support, I think we have been unlucky with some results and while I don't think we have set the world on fire we have never had a doing from any team (albeit Dundee Utd & McMullan did turn us over slightly). Its a long term strategy that needs time, especially with a young squad. I think the club was right to seek a new direction but it needs time to develop. We just cant be in a position to be changing managers every few games just to pander to the shortsighted who demand nothing less than top of the league performances and lack the insight to the financial restrictions we have placed on us.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Superally said:

We just cant be in a position to be changing managers every few games just to pander to the shortsighted who demand nothing less than top of the league performances and lack the insight to the financial restrictions we have placed on us.

We had this last season with Johnston and I dont necessarily think our situation would be any different today had he remained in charge. 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

We had this last season with Johnston and I dont necessarily think our situation would be any different today had he remained in charge.  

Indeed and Johnstone is hardly setting the world on fire at QoS with even with the experience they have and one of the best strikers in the division 

A home win, with a bit attacking football before end of November, otherwise the boards idea has failed for me. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Superally said:

Johnstone is hardly setting the world on fire at QoS with even with the experience they have and one of the best strikers in the division 

I think it keeps coming back to the fact that each and every team is capable of taking points from one another.  Those that are doing well seem to get off to flying starts and benefit from a boost in confidence, those that toil cant seem to get into a rhythm. 

We only seem capable so far of beating a manager less Thistle team.

I want this to work. I really do but how long does it go on (if it does) and we're isolated near the bottom? Experience is all good but relegation is not an option for us.

16 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

I want this to work. I really do but how long does it go on 

Thats the two hundred and fifty nine thousand, one hundred and eleven pound question isnt it? 

The thing is, as I see it, there isnt really a stand out candidate available who could come in?  I doubt Jack Ross would step down to little auld Dunfermline after being at Sunderland? 

We tried a new tactic, we brought in a coach (SC) without management experience, so do you go back to tried and tested?  

At the start of the season we knew it would be bumpy. It is a 2 year project as was said earlier, but relegation was not part of this plan.

By objective measures his record is terrible and that of a relegation campaign over his 3/4 of a season in charge.

I think that a serious dive and stay at the bottom will signal the time to look at plan B and replacing him. We are not there yet however. There are a lot of positives (not getting humped, scope for the young  team to improve etc). A small switch in fortunes would see a climb of the table. A team gaining experience and confidence would not need luck. Hopefully this will come.

We are second bottom, but at the same time we were one dodgy penalty v Dundee and a frustrating extra time equaliser at Morton away from 4th spot, fine margins. Hoping for a better 2nd quarter.

11 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

We are second bottom, but at the same time we were one dodgy penalty v Dundee and a frustrating extra time equaliser at Morton away from 4th spot, fine margins. Hoping for a better 2nd quarter.

Errrr.... two dodgy penalties? 

10 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

Nah, just one.

Two. 

The decision was right for the first one, its the law thats a nonsense.  Should never have been a penalty.