Sign in to follow this  
average white par

Iconic album covers

Not sure I should admit this for fear of being hung from the Bridge by the gonads... but I dont know any of them?

To be iconic, surely folk must recognise it regardless of their music taste, or age? 

• Like 1

This is one of my favourites - not particularly iconic, but it looks like they are about to do a bank job ahead of getting nicked by the Sweeney 40 minutes later. 

On the phone so can’t download, but covers that spring to mind are The Clash’s first album - and London Calling as above, The Specials first LP, Ian Dury New Boots and Panties, Stones Let it Bleed, Bowie Ziggy, Any Beatles studio (except Abbey Road - to avoid execution) The Who Sell Out and Who’s Next (alfresco plshing tastic)

There are loads really and probably revealing of age as there are no doubt iconic covers still coming thick and fast - although I am not sure what effect the advent of CDs had on covers.

4A10D89A-0829-4052-BE66-B0E5FF032A47.jpeg

Guid thread this. I have to dispute Sanguine's claim further up when he posted a grotty looking banana and talked it up. 🙂

image.jpeg.ee585cca8ad3c92edae30e18014b1889.jpeg

Id have said (Whats the Story) Morning Glory is more iconic than Definitely Maybe? 

How about

BobMarley-Legend.jpg

Queen_II_(album_cover).jpg

Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band.jpg

Edited by Vinnie
  • Upvote 1

Morning Glory was a bigger album launching Oasis to a wider audience around the world.  If iconic, as far as this thread is concerned, means instantly recognisable album, Id suggest a greater audience for Morning Glory makes it more iconic than Definitely Maybe. Perhaps?

5 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Guid thread this. I have to dispute Sanguine's claim further up when he posted a grotty looking banana and talked it up. 🙂

image.jpeg.ee585cca8ad3c92edae30e18014b1889.jpeg

Ha - heresy! Better cover, better album, better band 🙂

Definitely Maybe and WTSMG are as good as each other, but WTSMG is definitely more iconic. Perhaps biased but was my first Oasis album and still a go to today.

Abbey Road Soviet style. Apparently they were about to perform for some oil rig workers. No idea who they are, but they must have been well known as they have put on the red plank welcome for them.

image.png

• Like 1

On 05/10/2019 at 00:05, SanguinePar said:

Ha - heresy! Better cover, better album, better band 🙂

Been on the sauce, young fella? 

😉

• Like 1