Superally

Pars v Alloa

Great opportunity for Gill to make his mark. I hope he steps up and gives Scully competition for shirt

I don’t give a **** about this cup. The signs aren’t good, but it is the league form that needs turned around - and fast.

Quite a strong side against a team we'll have to break down 4 times in the League this season and we failed miserably. Kiltie looked decent although I'm not sure where his best position is, Lang had a few good and a few bad moments then went off with a tight hamstring by the looks of things and Comrie was probably the only other player who looked halfway decent. The rest? Awful. McGill out his depth and isolated. Turner constantly trying the fancy stuff rather than keeping it simple. Paton as slow as I am. Beadling looking like a little boy lost. Todd shunted out to the left flank. Ashcroft all over the place. Gill culpable for the first goal, at least in part. We are really struggling, make no mistake about it.

well from my perspective  high up in the stand :

no width 

no pressing 

one up front - what? 

ball speed slow 

passing behind players rather than in front to run onto

no momentum 

just @@@@@ awful

A crappy cup with next to no fan appeal.

Happy to be out of it, an unwelcome distraction, but current form is concerning.  

• Upvote 1

Disappointed to be out of the cup, and disappointed by that defeat. Once again we seemed to be very narrow until the subs were made at 2nd half. The fringe players I think offered little to claim a permanent first team place. I was pleased that Gill had the opportunity to wear the gloves but didn't do enough to suggest he will be wearing them next week. Lang looked reasonably decent and promising - actually crossed the halfway line more than Comrie or Martin imo.  Sad to see he pulled a ham string and no doubt will be out for a few weeks. I thought Kiltie did well and there is some promise with him. The midfield is a real problem, it seems hopelessly disjointed from the forwards of the defence. Paton is so far back its like a 5 man defence and Beadling is running around like a headless chicken trying to fill in the spaces. There also seems to be a significant loss of confidence today and it will be worse next time we play. Two defeats from the part time teams in the league and who we should have a reasonable (not a devine right!) expectation to be winning games like these. Sadly I'm also beginning to lose confidence and at FT there was an overwhelming acceptance of the result, but patience will be lost and anger will follow and for a team of young players that wont be good. Craw has picked his own squad - there are no excuses, I want him to do well but there will be an ever increasing tsunami of negativity if we don't get a result soon. 

• Upvote 2