Superally

Pars v Alloa

Saturday brings the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup weekend to East End Park in the shape of neighbours Alloa Athletic. This should be a interesting fixture as we have yet to face Alloa in the League campaign. Going with the recent form Alloa sit 7th with 4 pts and with little reminder we are 9th with 2pts! And if we need another reminder Alloa beat us on penalties in same competition in October last year. I'm unsure if Craws recent acquisitions are cup tied or not but there will be a expectation from the faithful that the Pars should progress to the next round. However Wasps are always more dangerous at this time of year!

No ST's for this game but tickets are only £12 and £6 for concessions, get yersel along COYP

Dont think I will make this game and would normally say this is a good chance to give fringe players a chance but imo we need to pick up a win. The last 2 performances have been as bad as the ****e at the end of last season.

Reserve team please. Is this the competition if you progress, it costs the club money? Saying that, the reserves knocked ICT oot away last season. 

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

Reserve team please. Is this the competition if you progress, it costs the club money? Saying that, the reserves knocked ICT oot away last season. 

It only costs you money if you decide to fly to and from London and stay overnight in a hotel tbf

Just as an FYI, all fans for this game will be seated in the main stand. And for that reason, I'm out.

5 hours ago, Digs said:

Just as an FYI, all fans for this game will be seated in the main stand. And for that reason, I'm out.

Seems a tad petty. It might not be the best place to view the game from, although I think most of the Main Stand gives you a good view of the game, but if that's the reason for not attending it seems bizarre given that there are a fair few grounds - including Parkhead a few weeks ago - where the view is just as bad if not worse. If you're not going because it's the Challenge Cup, our form, you've got something else on, it's a pay game rather than on the ticket etc. then fair enough, but because it's just the main stand? Can't see the argument there tbh.

It's a no appetite game for me. Could be Falkirk or Raith we playing, but I still widnae fancy it. Hope who fancies it enjoys the match though. 

I will be going regardless of the stand. Actually quite like sitting in the main stand, a refreshing change from my usual perch in the Norrie

Always enjoyed a main stand viewing, great view from most places, although the near touch line can be blocked a bit. Get a better perspective of how the game is really flowing I feel, than the Norrie or even North stand.

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

Always enjoyed a main stand viewing, great view from most places, although the near touch line can be blocked a bit. Get a better perspective of how the game is really flowing I feel, than the Norrie or even North stand.

Agree BB, it makes a pleasant change from the back row in the NW. I like the elevated position and it gives a different perspective.

17 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Seems a tad petty. It might not be the best place to view the game from, although I think most of the Main Stand gives you a good view of the game, but if that's the reason for not attending it seems bizarre given that there are a fair few grounds - including Parkhead a few weeks ago - where the view is just as bad if not worse. If you're not going because it's the Challenge Cup, our form, you've got something else on, it's a pay game rather than on the ticket etc. then fair enough, but because it's just the main stand? Can't see the argument there tbh.

To be fair, it's not the only reason, I don't go to the Challenge Cup games usually anyway, but I was thinking about going to this as it feels like ages since I've been  to a home game. The view however is absolutely terrible. Pillars in the way, atmosphere is even worse than usual when there are no fans in any other stand, and it's generally a poor experience in my opinion. 

It's not petty, I just don't like it, and I never have, and even if some do think it's petty... 

source.gif

Pars team today 

20 Cammy Gill
2 Aaron Comrie
3 Tom Lang
6 Lee Ashcroft
4 Lewis Martin
12 Kyle Turner
21 Paul Paton (c)
8 Tom Beadling 
26 Matthew Todd
9 Gabby McGill