Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Celtic v Pars

Next round of the League Cup takes us to Parkhead against Celtic.

Ultimately Celtic must be the form team in Scotland atm putting 7 past St Johnston and 5 past Motherwell both premier opposition teams. Being the home team playing on a wide pitch it will be short odd's from the bookies for a home win. However Celtic also have a European game mid week and perhaps they might be tempted to rest some players with the prospect of qualifying for the league sections of the Champions League. Realistically I think most Pars fans will fear a absolute pumping. Hopefully if that's the case the confidence of our younger players will not be shot and they use the experience positively, be inspired and learn from it.

A positive factor is that a good crowd will boost the club finances and perhaps give Craw further scope to extend the squad. Good to see that we have also nearly sold out our ticket allocation.

Might be good odds on a Pars win, worth chucking a couple of quid at it - why not :). COYP

As much as I am enjoying the way we are playing at the moment, I am genuinely fearful of an  absolute mauling next week. I know it doesn't matter as we are never going to win the cup this season, but what will a trouncing do for the teams confidence? 

I foresee, a reasonably tight first half performance with us tiring in the second conceding several goals as a result. Hopefully, it's not too bad...

I think it will be similar to the defeat at ibrox a few years ago.

If we play well we will score 1 or 2, but we will concede 4 or 5. I hope Celtic play that left back that played v Motherwell, he was terrible

Itll be interesting to see if Craw can set up a team for damage limitation.  There will be games this season where playing on break might be needed, rather than the high octane pressing game. 

21 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Itll be interesting to see if Craw can set up a team for damage limitation.  There will be games this season where playing on break might be needed, rather than the high octane pressing game. 

AJ, understandably, set up for damage limitation at Ibrox but still got humped.

I would be inclined to have them play their normal game.    

• Upvote 1

Nae shame in getting beat by 3 or 4 goals. I think Celtic will do enough to win and rest some players for their Euro games. 3-1 Celtic 

2 hours ago, Teuchter said:

AJ, understandably, set up for damage limitation at Ibrox but still got humped.

I would be inclined to have them play their normal game.    

Spot on. Screw probability, logic and all likelihood, let's go and win this match!

Nothing to lose in this circumstance.

We go here with our heads up, we're big enough and ugly enough to get stuck right into Celtic. 

I'm defiant in mood as always and ever hopeful. I'm already looking forward to it. 

First 1000 tickets almost now sold out. Another 600 sent through from Celtic today.

Hopefully get them all sold as well. 

12 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Fingers crossed they're all on a downer from tonight's hilarious result 🙂

Or face the wrath of Lennon 😂. Usually after European exploits, the teams performance take a dip. Let's just have a go at them. 

• Upvote 1

Having watched many Romanian teams play, I can say they are nothing special and If they can put four past the Tinks I see no reason why we don't put a couple past them.

Romanian football is run so badly that teams go bankrupt on such a regular basis that it makes that team from Glasgow that no longer exists look well managed.

When Brasov were in the top division most of their players were on less than £200 a week and they could beat Cluj. Entry to the ground for a top class game was about £1.50 and the ground looked like it had been designed by someone from Cowdenbeath.