Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Williamson

Williamson has signed a 2yr deal at Partick Thistle, His choice to move and perhaps for him the right one - Partick will be stronger next season. Good Luck to him. I thought his celebration when he scored his first goal for the Pars was one of the greatest ever

Ryan is a top lad, with a great mindset. A lesser person might have buckled after suffering two horrific injuries in quick succession but he battled his way back to full fitness and the first team. 

Maybe not quite the player he threatened to become as a result, but he's still only 20/21, I think. I wish him well at Thistle, except v the Pars, of course.

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

One the boo-boys have chased off? 

I think so Vinnie. 

I always rated Ryan but his confidence was shot and was it Ashcroft that went mental at him at one game? There was no need for that. 

He needed a fresh start and wish him all the best. 

In a way I hope he proves everyone wrong at DAFC. 

6 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Ryan is a top lad, with a great mindset. A lesser person might have buckled after suffering two horrific injuries in quick succession but he battled his way back to full fitness and the first team. 

Maybe not quite the player he threatened to become as a result, but he's still only 20/21, I think. I wish him well at Thistle, except v the Pars, of course.

The lad needed to move on for his career to progress. Maybe a different team will suit him better. Good luck to the guy.

41 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Partick is a sideways step rather than a progressive step up? 

He needs to gain a bit confidence and consistency . If he does that, then he will have progressed for me.

Decent enough player in league one, never really stepped (defensively) up to play in championship level and has been living off having potential to be a good player for years but never improving, from memory he has been kept out the team by midfielders covering his position for majority of last 2/3 years.

16 hours ago, Vinnie said:

One the boo-boys have chased off? 

Nope.

Edited by the saline hill puma

You could actually see the confidence drain out the guy this season.  He definitely needed a move to be able to make any kind of progress.  The fact that he was kept out the team by a decent bit not great centre midfielder says it all.  All the best to him, BUT we can do better ourselves.  

30 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

You could actually see the confidence drain out the guy this season.  He definitely needed a move to be able to make any kind of progress.  The fact that he was kept out the team by a decent bit not great centre midfielder says it all.  All the best to him, BUT we can do better ourselves.  

From what I have heard John Potter not being involved had a impact on his confidence 

Williamson had a great start to the season, but (like the rest of the team) tailed off quite a bit, when he played anyway. Looked to have added decent crossing to his marauding runs, but again that seemed to disappear.

Nice guy, and I wish him well at Thistle, but I'm not heartbroken that he's moved on.

• Upvote 1